I came to win, she’s just tryna kick it like it’s 4th and 10
Give it as she gon run it back
In football, there are two ways to score:
1. Touchdown (6 points + pending PAT)) — scored by running or completing a pass into the end zone
2. Field Goal (3 points) — scored by kicking the ball through the goal posts
You have 4 downs, or plays, in football to advance the ball forward 10 yards. Doing so resets the downs and you get another 4 chances, getting you closer to scoring.
On fourth down, if you do not convert a first down the ball goes to the other team. Therefore, the team has a few options as to what they want to do:
1. Fourth Down Conversion (“Go for it”) — the team runs or passes the ball in attempt to get a first down
2. Kick a field goal — if they are in field goal range (typically within 50 yards in the NFL) the team can attempt to kick the ball through the uprights/
3. Punt — They kick the ball to the other team’s returner (who “runs it back”), ceding their possession and moving to defense.
If you want to win in football you go for the touchdown, or at least a field goal so you can earn points. His girl is punting and waiting to run it back like she is giving up.
She wants to “kick it”, aka chill with Rockie, just like you “kick it” (punt or kick a field goal) in football.
To help improve the meaning of these lyrics, visit “Mercy” by Rick Ross (Ft. Rockie Fresh) Lyrics and leave a comment on the lyrics box