Soon to become his rival, he needs a new escape
He closes the door and becomes a skeleton
All of the lights searching for the vanished
Now he's just a vibrant shadow that's been banished
Joining his brethren
No longer being able to engage in his older activities, he needs a new release valve. These lines keep up a heavy parallel between the boy in the spotlight becoming a shadow and him committing suicide.
- “closes the door” refers to him leaving his past life behind him.
- “becomes a skeleton” refers to him becoming secretive.
- “all of the lights” refers to the spotlight wondering where its star has gone.
- “closes the door” refers to him closing either his bedroom or closet door in preparation for his suicide.
- “becomes a skeleton” refers to him dying
- “all of the lights” refers to cop lights searching for a missing person. Both of these uses derive from All of the Lights.
“Joining his brethren” shows that he has taken the same route as the boy in the corner. He is now a vibrant shadow as well, as he used to be quite well-known, and is now a nobody.
To help improve the meaning of these lyrics, visit “Vibrant Shadows” by Detroit Leprechaun (Ft. D'shon) Lyrics and leave a comment on the lyrics box