Hit the Earth like a comet – invasion!
In hindsight nobody can doubt his impact.
- Mulitiple producers
- Jay started to flow slower after illmatic
- How Illmatic reoriented rap towards gritty East Coast — sounds, and away from West Coast gangster stylings.
- How Jay-Z sampled his songs on his first two albums.
- How Biggie stole the concept of his album cover.
- How he got AZ a record deal with one guest verse.
+How he was the first guest artist on a Wu-Tang track.
- How he was the first to “sing” on his own songs.
- How he was one of the first practitioners of mafioso rap.
- How “I Gave You Power” inspired “Me and My Girlfriend”,
“Bonnie and Clyde 97” and (unfortunately) “Bonnie and Clyde
- Hip-hop is dead started a huge debate.
- This is also an extremely early example of the “Supa Dupa Flow”
A literary technique where a one word rhyme style flow, begins with a metaphor and then ended by a one-word simile related to the metaphor; they are often used as punchlines.
To help improve the meaning of these lyrics, visit "It Ain't Hard to Tell" by Nas Lyrics and leave a comment on the lyrics box