Lil Wayne's Falling Off Point?

Weezy used to be a good rapper. Nowadays his is bringing shame (opinion) to hip hop. The W’s on how this happened

Who
What
When
Where
Why
And HoW

September 16th, 2011
RimmerGawd's photo

Where did it happen? In the midst of fame, money, and Hip Hop, as well as the mainstream audience that was slowly learning about Lil Wayne (buying his albums etc.)

September 16th, 2011
J-Franks's photo

Who? Well, it’s whoever is telling the people at YMCMB to refrain from adding any substance to their music…

September 16th, 2011

What? The what would be Lil Wayne falling off… too easy

The when is hard to say, because it seems like he’s gradually gotten worse and stupider and more egotistical… there can’t really be a constant defined point without argument

September 16th, 2011
GodLovesRod's photo

When?

REBIRTh

Holy shit that album was horrible.

September 16th, 2011

I agree with him on Rebirth, that was shit. Proof? It’s only gone GOLD so far. Wayne’s proven that even with an inconsistent so-so album like Carter IV, he can get way more than that in a damn week. That means that even his alleged stereotypical “teenage white kid” fanbase didn’t even like it.

September 16th, 2011

He definitely started to fall off around the Carter 3. It had a couple good songs but nothing close to the Carter, and The Carter 2. Rebirth was terrible. The only good song was Drop The World and that was because EMINEM murdered him on his own track

September 16th, 2011
GodLovesRod's photo

Eminem murdered the entire album. And when I saw Rebirth only went gold I almost didn’t do the review. If you’re lil wayne and your album goes GOLD. It has to be shit.

September 16th, 2011

They should have just made that track an EMINEM track even though he only had 1 verse. I feel like it could have fit on Recovery but that’s just me

September 16th, 2011
UF's photo

…Anyone else remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfqRus0RQYc

September 16th, 2011

His last decent work was No Ceilings, and his last legitimately good project was Da Drought 3. After he got all the attention in 07 for doing crazy numbers of tracks and features, he just watered himself down and focused on building his fan base rather than improving his raps. I mean, if you listen to Dedication 2, Weezy just sounds so different. He mean, clever, and actually good.

September 16th, 2011

I heard Carter II and I actually liked it

Carter III… –.-
IV…–_–

September 16th, 2011

Carter 3 is his magnum opus, well, at least to me. But i do agree that hes output has been decreasing ever since. I Am Not A Human Being is straight trash too, to me its even worse than C4

September 16th, 2011
6xPlatinum's photo

I think Carter 2 was better than 3. No Ceilings was alright, but he’s been on a steady decline after Carter 2, in my opinion.

September 16th, 2011

Mannn, Tha Carter III doesn’t even compare to Da Drought 3 or Dedication 2, which I feel like are his two best mixtapes. Tha Carter III is full of catchy hooks and hot beats, but just OK lyrics.

September 16th, 2011