Changes to Rap IQ, pause in notifications #ANNOUNCEMENT

official

Some of you have noticed that their activity streams and Rap IQ are not updating. It’s true!

We’re in the process of rolling out some improvements to make Rap IQ calculate a) way more intelligently and b) in realtime

The fun part: In the Great Recalculation™ some people are going to see their Rap IQ go up, and some people will see it go down. There will be weeping and moaning, etc

It’s going to take a day or two to re-pimp the database and recalculate everything

September 2nd, 2012

Excuse me Mr. HoMan, but when will this update be finished?

September 2nd, 2012
Jams301's photo

dis gon b gud

September 2nd, 2012
ScopeY's photo

Please expand.

September 2nd, 2012

Will probably go into effect late night Tuesday

September 2nd, 2012

Interesting…I was wondering why my IQ hadn’t changed in like 2 weeks lol

September 2nd, 2012
MsgRick's photo

nice , seeing the website expand like rick Ross stomach

September 2nd, 2012

Can you give a brief outline as to how it will be changing?

September 2nd, 2012
GotQotes's photo

Since the Rap IQ has frozen for now, is what you did while it was frozen going to be added to your Rap IQ when the updates are finished?

September 2nd, 2012
LEMON's photo

Since the Rap IQ has frozen for now, is what you did while it was frozen going to be added to your Rap IQ when the updates are finished?

yeah, it’ll be trill

September 2nd, 2012

Everyone who wants to know exactly how Rap IQ™ is gonna work — I feel you!

Not going to give away the secret sauce of the whole algorithm, but here are a few things to think about:

• Credit for explanations will now be divided up between different people who contributed to the explanation (the original creator, commentors with accepted suggestions, editors who edit, etc.)

• The algorithm for how voting affects Rap IQ™ is now sooo sophisticated (one element of it: the more Rap IQ the voter has, the more the vote affects the Rap IQ of the people who made the explanation

• As soon as something hits your activity stream, your Rap IQ will update. We used to recalculate every n minutes, which was confusing

September 2nd, 2012

The fun part: In the Great Recalculation™ some people are going to see their Rap IQ go up, and some people will see it go down. There will be weeping and moaning, etc

Well at least I’m prepared to lose all my IQ now, thanks for the notice haha.

September 2nd, 2012

the more Rap IQ the voter has, the more the vote affects the Rap IQ of the people who made the explanation

Uh-oh

September 2nd, 2012

To be honest, the guy who takes time to put the lyrics of a song up should be getting some IQ, will we benefit from putting up lyrics to songs in the future?

September 2nd, 2012

^Too easily abused. People will just upload random songs by copy/pasting lyrics they found somewhere else.

September 2nd, 2012