Explanation Deletion Fraud

Riptide's photo

Now, this is something I’ve been noticing as of late. I could be assuming, but people seem to have been deleting the work of others and re-writing it as their own. For instance, after cleaning up the lyrics of a song, I wrote this explanation. To my surprise, when I came back later the explanation was still there in the same words, but with my credits removed.

Is there any way to monitor and/or stop this sort of thing from happening? It’s unfair to the people that put in hard work to explain these songs.

September 27th, 2011
tuyo3's photo

I think the same thing happened to me too. I did 2 explanations for a song, including this one, and later when I was editing those explanations on my profile page, I got an error screen and forced refresh. All my explanations for that song were deleted off my profile and I lost the IQ points, but they are still there on the song’s page.

What’s going on?

September 27th, 2011

@Riptide But it does credit you on that explanation though….

September 27th, 2011

…this has been going on for a while. People IQ whore all the time.

September 27th, 2011

Its editors being bad editors

@Riptide

Which editors are doing it? Talk to Maboo about de-editing them

September 27th, 2011
Riptide's photo

@tuyo3 That’s peculiar, but you might have gone through a technical error. Were the explanations that were still there in your name?

@NotoriouSkillz Yeah, because I took my explanation back. Lol.

@Valedictorian True, just decided to point it out.

@SlimNatey I’m not sure, but I’ll be keeping an keen eye out from now on.

September 27th, 2011
Questo's photo

Why didn’t you check the editing history to see who did it?

September 27th, 2011
Evil1's photo

This definitely happened to me as well. I left a comment calling them out and ultimately had it “rejected” after a couple of weeks.

I edited most of this song

September 27th, 2011
J-Franks's photo

I have had similar experiences. Even worse, I have had someone (actually two people) come to my profile and thumb down over 2 dozen of my explanations on purpose. I dont really mind much though, the IQ technically doesn’t really mean anything. It’s still kind fo douchey.

September 27th, 2011
Rys's photo

Cheating

September 28th, 2011
Klonopin's photo

I’m still bitter that this guy deleted and edited a majority of my explanations on this song, claiming they sucked and he desperately had to fix them. So I’m currently second on there. And that was months ago. This has been going on for months man.

September 28th, 2011
Riptide's photo

@Hovito The funny thing is, I was heading to bed and committed the name of the guy to memory. That was a mistake on my part.

@J-Franks Yeah man, people seem to love doin' that.

@Klonopin Maaan, I still wonder where all my explanations on HiiiPower went. But hey, it’s a game we gotta play.

September 29th, 2011
Malik's photo

Yeah, even though I edited half that song (not that particular line though), I usually try to stay away from the more popular songs because people have a bad habit of trying to get more IQ points by adding more and more or slightly changing things that are already done. I’m trying to lobby to get a lock feature like on Wikipedia added.

September 29th, 2011