Best Rappers Live

I know there has probably been a thread like this before but I am going to a Mac Miller concert tonight and it got me thinking- what rappers absolutely kill it live? I’ve heard J Cole is great in concert.

October 6th, 2012

Odd Future put on a pretty good show, Zion I are consistently fucking insane (seen them twice, both times with The Grouch), Mistah F.A.B. is great…haven’t really seen that many famous rappers perform live honestly.

October 6th, 2012
Yeller's photo

Snoop by the time of up in smoke

Xzibit sounds better live than on disc

And Eminem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtXeU0X6qFM

October 6th, 2012

Chiddy Bang, Wiz, Wack Miller, ScHoolBoy Q

K.Dot was so dull when i saw him in concert.

October 7th, 2012
Smittens's photo

Just saw this on Youtube, they are streaming a live Jay-Z concert just in case anyone wants to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/jayz?feature=inp-lt-jay

October 7th, 2012

i saw hopsin 2 days ago an i smoked up wit some dudes in da crowd, got in a mosh pit, crowd surfed an got pulled on stage by hop so im jus sayin that shit was craaaaayy sonnn!!!

October 7th, 2012
Skizza306's photo

In terms of just sheer stage presence: Nas, KRS-ONE, Cage, Brother Ali are some of the best I’ve seen — all in small 500 or so person venues. No tricks, no flash, just a mic and a stage.

Best Arena performance I’ve seen was Kanye West during the Glow in the Dark tour. Lupe Fiasco opened up for that show and I thought his performance was actually pretty bad (he seemed almost lost on stage) but I saw him again later at a smaller venue and he completely redeemed himself.

Snoop Dogg I’ve seen twice. Both times he gave really lazy performances. Wouldn’t recommend his shows.

October 7th, 2012

Eminem

October 7th, 2012

The Watch The Throne concert was abosolutley amazing. Opened with H.A.M on two large platforms rapping at each other. Playforms turned into screens of a jungle into playing Welcome to The Jungle and most of Watch The Throne. It was right after Kanye Rose split with Kanye pouring his heart out during Hearless and Love Lockdown and fresstyling, while also playing all of his old classics. Shockingly Jay-Z played all his classics from Where I’m From and Feelin' It. Best moment was seeing New Day played when they just went in. Ended with Niggas in Paris played 4 times and Jay-Z doing Encore.

October 7th, 2012
Prozac's photo

^ agreed, it was the greatest concert i fear i will ever see.

October 7th, 2012

Is it bad If I’ve never been to a live hip hop concert?

Smh… I was tryna get tickets in 2010 when Nas was touring “Distant Relatives” in Charlotte but tickets sold out dumb quick…

then after than there’s never really been an artist to intrigue me (that i genuinely felt comfortable paying admission for) to come to Charlotte.

My sister went to a Mac Miller / Cassie Veggies concert tho. She seemed to enjoy it for what its worth.

October 7th, 2012

OFWGKTA

October 7th, 2012

i don’t think any rapper can outperform krs-one…

October 7th, 2012
Skizza306's photo

@Jimmykudo — I guess it’s different strokes for different folks. I’ve been to well over 100 live rap shows (from big name artists to local showcases) and it really can’t be beat in my opinion. It’s also a great way to expand your social circle, meet more people with similar interests, etc. and it beats the hell out of going out to the club for a good time, imo. You also get the opportunity to support independent artists who make unique music, and you’ll find yourself exposed to plenty of new artists. I can’t count how many artists that are now pretty note-worthy I first learned of because they were the openers for someone I went out to see.

October 7th, 2012

Cole is alright live. Busta rhymes is one of the greatest. Kanye, black thought, and jay as well.

October 7th, 2012