Who is the best crew in hip hop today?

Trevar's photo

I’m not asking which crew made the best album as a team, but all their members solo albums together. G.O.O.D. Music, MMG, YMCMB, Black Hippy, Odd Future, Shady Records, Pro Era, Roc Nation, etc. I love asking this question to hip hop fans. I think my favorite might be G.O.O.D. Kanye West, Pusha T (Clipse), Common, Big Sean, Q-Tip (A Tribe Called Quest), KiD CuDi, CyHi the Prynce, crazy roster.

October 10th, 2012
JFC's photo

You missed Wu Tang off that list

October 10th, 2012

Black Hippy

October 10th, 2012

g.o.o.d music

October 10th, 2012

by themselves i wana say good, and if electronica eva relased the classic he pure sitting on then roc nation, but thats group on they lonesome. together tho black hippy or MMG , and ProEra

October 10th, 2012
Trevar's photo

I agree. Self Made 1 is better than Self Made 2

October 10th, 2012

Black Hippy , Pro era , Rvider Klvn , Wu-tang for sure !

October 10th, 2012
Nimpeo's photo

Rhymesayers!

October 10th, 2012
Massology's photo

Progressive Era

October 10th, 2012

Black Hippy, Pro Era beeyittch

October 10th, 2012

Old Currency Credit Currency Bankrupts

October 10th, 2012

beats for sale
CunninLynguists is the best hip-hop group you’ve never heard of. Unless you’ve heard of them. Their recipe consists of southern-fried beats and gripping narratives. As forward-thinking as they are (or maybe because of it), CunningLynguists have yet to enjoy mainstream exposure.

October 10th, 2012

WU TANG CLAN. But I’ll list my reasoning like no one else did.

They have the best “roster”/“starpower”. There is IMO A weak link MAYBE 2, compared to todays rappers whose consistency on 1 MIXTAPE is all over the place.

They have cemented their legacy in hip hop with CLASSIC releases. (Its unanimous by the rap public that these are indeed CLASSIC albums they brought about)

They created their OWN SOUND. RZA was the backdrop to THEM ONLY (atleast for a time) giving any song they recorded that much higher a level of distinction from the rest of hip hop at the time… and past that.

They brought their own lyrical content spearheading a movement. They were the fathers of “gambino” rap styles, everyone from clipse to rick ross has them to thank for their lavish drug smuggling couplets.

They also had MESSAGES something TANGIBLE within their sound that you could take away from the music and use it to BETTER YOURSELF. They really inspired people.

They’ve shown that they can last DECADES and STILL be relevant. One of the things i hear about most from the G.O.O.D. music tape(that i’ve yet to listen to, whateva) is how tight GHOSTFACE KILLAH’S VERSE was (even though im sure he’s outdone himself in past works

They are one of the building blocks of hip hop, they literally ushered in a new era of gritty/violent rap styles. They helped define an ERA aka THE GOLDEN ERA OF HIP HOP.

As soon as someone can give me a group as solid as Wu tang i’ll stop saying theyre the best, because as of now they still are.

That said honorable mention to BLACK HIPPY, I just feel that as a unit theyre not consistent enough for me to get behind their movement. Ab-Soul’s mixtape was cool but he was weak in so many areas it made it feel like a MIXTAPE to me. Kendricks been pulling them through this so far. Being the BEST GROUP is about EVERY MEMBER being SOLID/CONSISTENT… so idunno why the heck G.O.O.D. Music, MMG, YMCMB, Odd Future, Shady Records(slaughterhouse is great as individuals but they CANNOT MESH/ perform as a whole), Pro Era, Roc Nation, etc were even mentioned…

October 10th, 2012

What do you mean by crew, Record label (GOOD, MMG) or rap group?

October 10th, 2012

G.O.O.D music

October 10th, 2012