EscoCrxk$ Offical thread of appreciation.

disciple's photo

(Skip ahead to 3rd paragraph if you don’t wanna hear the intro)

So the point of this website, is to veiw rap music as poetry right? And poetry consists of various rhetorics, rhyme schemes, and figurative language right? So why aren’t we discussing the beauty and complexity of the lyrics? I notice that many people don’t bother to decoded the lyrics and take in the deeper meaning, thus leaving only about 50% comprehension of the song, and missing the value of the work. That’s why I’m creating this thread. To point somethings you’ve might of missed and comment on the artists work.

by no means should this influence you'r opinion

This is just for fun. Also, any user, contribute a song or a specific line if you want.

My Choice is Talib Kweli’s Get By. A specific highlight that i’d like to point out, is when in the third verse he says

Ask Him why some people got to live in a trailer, cuss like a sailor
I paint a picture with the pen like Norman Mailer

Kweli astonishingly makes a duple internal rhyme scheme in under 30 syllables. While also insinuating a sense of shock & denial as stated in the Kübler-Ross model (While later on in the song, Kweli progresses through the other stages). The line also has a nice implied simile stating him as a gifted writer.

wow

(hashtag)escocrxks for best forum contributor 2012

November 17th, 2012

Esco’s favorite rappers include Curren$y
Mynigga.jpeg

November 18th, 2012