Kanye West defends soulja boy: He's on Nas level shit

Ryan Vice's photo

Do ya’ll remember this? LOL classy times

“Soulja boy is fresh as hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be. He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain’t Hip Hop then what is? A bunch of wannabe keep it real rappers that ain’t even relevant, recycling samples trying to act like it’s 96 again and all they do is hate on new shit? Niggas always talk about the golden age but for a 13 year old kid, this is the golden age!!! That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning… that’s Nas level shit… he just put it over some steel drums which is also some Nas shit if you had the 2nd album cassette with the bonus track “Silent Murder” on it. In closing… new niggas get ya money$$$$$$$$$$ Keep this shit fresh and original…. ain’t no fuckin’ rules to this shit and that’s what real hip hop is to me.”

Kanye West

December 10th, 2012
zexon's photo

kanye a dumbass now

December 10th, 2012
Ryan Vice's photo

“that song was so dope that everything had a hidden meaning”

I hope he wasn’t talking about crank dat.

December 10th, 2012

December 10th, 2012
LATPoet's photo

Everything Kanye has ever said from that point on is now irrelevant.

December 10th, 2012
Stelio's photo

Kanye has his brief moments of insanity

December 10th, 2012
metron's photo

“ ain’t no fuckin’ rules to this shit and that’s what real hip hop is to me”

Yo, I don’t really find anything wrong with his statement. He’s defending another artist who he feels needs to be defended in his eyes. If you wouldn’t do something like that because a bunch of other people think otherwise then maybe you need to find your own voice.

December 10th, 2012
Stelio's photo

Doesent change the fact that he’s a muthafuckin genius

December 10th, 2012

Whats up Rap

December 10th, 2012

He came from the hood,

His dad actually provided him with a professional studio but whatever.

December 10th, 2012

Almost every genius is borderline insane..

December 10th, 2012

Imagine how many rappers would have made great abortions.

December 10th, 2012

Kanye has made a lot of dumb statements. And he wasn’t the only one- Nas also gave props to Soulja Boy. And Soulja Boy still went out of his way to disrespect Nas. There’s a disturbing trend with respected rappers giving praise to horrible rappers. It seems that artists who get the “Real Hip Hop” label hate it so much that they overcompensate by giving props to artists who get little to no respect.

December 10th, 2012
Ryan Vice's photo

Also the soulja and snoop thing was funny. Why would you collab with him after he dissed you? silly boy.

December 10th, 2012

Cuz I’m sure of all the hidden meanings behind ‘crank dat superman’. Lyrical genius at its finest.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

December 10th, 2012