I’d say Supernat or Breez Evahflowin. Seeing them freestyling off the top in person is a sight to see.

December 2nd, 2012

Snoop tbh

December 2nd, 2012
Yeller's photo

^cosign

December 2nd, 2012
JFKilla's photo

Tbh I think that Eminem freestyle is legit. He is after all, a very talented rapper who’s technical skills rank up there with the best. I don’t think it’s too much of an exaggeration to say that those bars were off the dome, despite the complex rhyme scheme.

December 2nd, 2012

I liken off the top freestylin' to jazz improv. Jazz musicians will remember and practice certain licks, and incorporate them into the stuff that’s “off the top.” Same thing with off the top frees, you’re gonna want some shit that you thought off previously just so that you can work it into the unconstructed random off the top rhymes. A lot of it isn’t completely written, but not completely off the dome either.

December 2nd, 2012

@Taste exactly, great comparison.

December 2nd, 2012
ashtag2's photo

Blind Fury=GOAT blind battle rapper

December 2nd, 2012
squiggles's photo

KRS-One! His shit is crazy! He goes on for hours rapping and it’s all completely off the dome! Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaP5T3AQZqQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOJ74V1OAQ

December 2nd, 2012

Supernatural, biggie, eminem, big l, j. cole (dont sleep on cole, hes dope) street light, chris webby, krs, and i dont know if yall saw cudis westwood freestyle, but it was so dope the way he was flowing, kept going, and never slowing haha

December 3rd, 2012

Also Dizaster, hes famous for freestyling 90 percent of his battle raps but with that hes also choked in the past because of it.

December 3rd, 2012

That Lil Wayne westwood “freestyle” was so embarrassing, jesus.

December 3rd, 2012

I would also add Craig G. He actually beat Supernat back in the day. I’ve seen him do an off the top freestyle live, wasn’t bad.

December 3rd, 2012
Shaneee's photo

Some of the best:

Big L
Los
Supernat
Eyedea
Passionate MC
Em
etc

it’s hard to pinpoint 1

December 3rd, 2012

Didn’t Chiddy Bang set a world record for a 9 hour freestyle?

That is impeccable endurance, professional accolade status and worth a definite nomination.

December 3rd, 2012

Didn’t Chiddy Bang set a world record for a 9 hour freestyle?

That is impeccable endurance, professional accolade status and worth a definite nomination.

December 3rd, 2012