I Feel Sorry For Kendrick...
The dude only uses mouthwash, I mean come on Kendrick, i’m legit worried for you. You better start bru...
The Chronic or Illmatic ?
Which album is overall better ? Imo Illmatic by far, but i wanna hear your opinions
Kamy - My World
tell em what you think of it please https://soundcloud.com/kamil-wierzchowski/kamy-my-world-unmixed
5 Favorite Things To Wear (Kicks, shirts, hoods etc)
This is the shit I wear on a day to day basis, idk if anyone cares lol just wondering what peoples sty...
What is your favorite flow ever?
ATTENTION: This is not a “who has the best flow” thread! I wanna know which flow, whether used for a...
GOAT in terms of classic albums
Eminem 4 classics
If Tupac Came Back
If Tupac came back and made a twitter account and posted saying “Im Back” or some shit like that how m...
Cypher/Freestyle - Strut your stuff.
Post your writtens, or just flex. Throw disses or just comment. Post links for people to check out you...
Tech N9Ne Is Underrated
I don’t think people recognize that he has mad flow. Just listen to one of his songs. http://www.yout...
Ready for Cocaine Piñata?
Seriously I’m so eager to hear this shit. IMO there’s not enough hype for this given that it’s gonna ...
OT: What are your school Grades?
Post your report card for school. Post all your subjects, and show what grades you got last year or th...
Fashion Genius - Odd Future Spring/Summer Must Haves!
PEEP THIS DOPE OF FANS! http://rapgenius.com/Fashion-genius-golf-wang-spring-summer-must-haves-lyrics...
Are we out of the " Ringtone" era of rap?
I hope we’re out of it, or at least close.
THE BASEDGOD CURSE PT 2
AS MANY OF YOU ARE AWARE, KD WILL NOT WIN A TITLE UNTIL HE FACES LIL B IN BASKETBALL IN A GAME OF 21. ...
Free Advice for All Aspiring Rappers
I realize I’m a nobody, but I do believe I know a thing or two about what makes a good rapper. Here are 5 things you should know before posting your crappy music on this site:
1) We can see through your facades- We know you are not copping a heater, pushing work, or getting hoes, so stop pretending like you are. Be yourself and act graciously about it and we are 100 times more likely to embrace your music
2) Spend some time working on your music- Do not post something here that you wrote in 10 minutes, because guess what, it sounds like you wrote it in 10 minutes. Work on your flow and mic presence because you can have the greatest lyrics in the world, but if you are not matching your words with the beat it ruins the whole experince.
3) Find some quality recording equipment- Heck Audacity is even a good service to use if you are in a bind financially. Learn how to improve the quality of your recordings and most of us will be able to listen for more than 10 seconds
4) Be open to criticism- If you are advertising your music on this site you are not the world’s greatest rapper. Understand that even the Tupac’s and Biggie’s of the world had to take criticism from people before making it big. Instead of getting mad at criticism and saying you are the greatest ever, take what everyone is saying and try to make your raps better
5) Don’t quit- Some of us, including me, may seem like jerks when we criticize your music, but realize that for the most part it is not because we hate you, but we know what type of music sounds good to us. Realize that our opinions are just that, and you are the only ones who can truly control your future.
So for all of you posting raps on these boards please follow these 5 criteria before saying you are the “GOAT”
True that. And you know what? This type of advice is BETTER coming from a non-rapper. Rappers are too conceited and shit, but the LISTENER knows what they want to hear.
It’s like this… I’m not a filmmaker… but I know when a movie SUCKS. Same concept.
I feel you.
I mean, there’s one or two elements of each that I could take apart and beef with, but I feel you.