Proof that @HailTheKing hates me
Okay guys, lately I have a low-key beef with @hailtheking and this has been killing me for days. So N...
Eminem Stan Rates ''Encore''
Going to Rate Encore today and see if it’s really as bad as people say NOT Rating SKITS 1.Evil De...
9th Wonder's Top 10 Rappers not signed to his label.
Everyone’s favorite underappreciated producer, 9th Wonder, took to Twitter with his Top 10 Current Rap...
OT: Who deserves MVP more this year: KD or Lebron
I know Sports Genius exists, but ain’t nobody got time for dat Lebron is my 2nd favorite player and a...
Official 2014 NBA playoffs RG thread
whew sorry sports genius inb4 nets get swept or lose in 5
Looking for Emcees to Rap on my Beats!
Are there any emcees out there into these kind of beats? Do any of yous want to rap on these? I just r...
Jay says he had a better verse on control.
What you think. I know there was a thread about this but it was populated by shitheads http://pitchfo...
OG Rap Genius
I found this really cool website that displays other websites, but from different times. Here’s RG in...
A dedication to the joey top 5 movement
the action packed mentalist aka duke silver aka the mantis shrimp aka odie tha nemesis aka byrd mclynn...
OT: Porn Addiction Continued
Which stage are you on? whats your age? whats your story? and how has this been affecting you?
Rapper with the best fans
Which rapper to you has the best fans? Fans that love the artist but can also point out flaws in them ...
NEW MODERATOR! (@Certified Celebration Edition) Special Thanks To: @NASERISA @Barrk @MHealx @Doct...
This Pakyed's family bullshit is getting out of hand
@PakyedsFather @PakyedsMother @PakyedsFutureUnbornSpermCell @imnotpakyed @pakyedsolderbrother @Pakyed...
What's this sample?
Sounds like some n64 shit, idk which game though. Help me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5MF0_0RMSQ
Free Advice for All Aspiring Rappers
I realize I’m a nobody, but I do believe I know a thing or two about what makes a good rapper. Here are 5 things you should know before posting your crappy music on this site:
1) We can see through your facades- We know you are not copping a heater, pushing work, or getting hoes, so stop pretending like you are. Be yourself and act graciously about it and we are 100 times more likely to embrace your music
2) Spend some time working on your music- Do not post something here that you wrote in 10 minutes, because guess what, it sounds like you wrote it in 10 minutes. Work on your flow and mic presence because you can have the greatest lyrics in the world, but if you are not matching your words with the beat it ruins the whole experince.
3) Find some quality recording equipment- Heck Audacity is even a good service to use if you are in a bind financially. Learn how to improve the quality of your recordings and most of us will be able to listen for more than 10 seconds
4) Be open to criticism- If you are advertising your music on this site you are not the world’s greatest rapper. Understand that even the Tupac’s and Biggie’s of the world had to take criticism from people before making it big. Instead of getting mad at criticism and saying you are the greatest ever, take what everyone is saying and try to make your raps better
5) Don’t quit- Some of us, including me, may seem like jerks when we criticize your music, but realize that for the most part it is not because we hate you, but we know what type of music sounds good to us. Realize that our opinions are just that, and you are the only ones who can truly control your future.
So for all of you posting raps on these boards please follow these 5 criteria before saying you are the “GOAT”
True that. And you know what? This type of advice is BETTER coming from a non-rapper. Rappers are too conceited and shit, but the LISTENER knows what they want to hear.
It’s like this… I’m not a filmmaker… but I know when a movie SUCKS. Same concept.
I feel you.
I mean, there’s one or two elements of each that I could take apart and beef with, but I feel you.