Is Waka Flocka's album Flockaveli a classic?

In another thread, someone mentioned Flockaveli in a discussion of the classic albums from the past 5 years. At first I was like Wtf heeeeeeell no. But when i thought about it, 75% of the hits from the past 3 years or so follow the flockaveli formula. I now think its a hands down classic album because of its cultural impact, for better or for worse. What yall think?

EMBRACE DEBATE PUSSYFOOTERS

January 17th, 2013

I said it in the other thread but Chief Keef and a plethora of rap artists are definitely heavily influenced by Flockaveli. Lex Lugar’s production also set the bar for “trap” beats

January 18th, 2013
RTJII's photo

January 18th, 2013
MBTM's photo

its like the illmatic of trap music

January 18th, 2013

I think if people really think about it and get over the whole trap music thing, theyll say its a classic… but niggas is stubborn these days so what can you do..

January 18th, 2013
S3B's photo

Its not a classic rap album but if you’re someone who considers trap its own genre then feel free to think so

January 18th, 2013

Trap was already big before but it defiantly revived trap music.

January 18th, 2013
Massology's photo

never heard it

January 18th, 2013
AoRizz's photo

Flocka helped pave the way for rappers like keef. In no way is any Flocka mixtape considered a classic in my opinion

January 18th, 2013

Considering trap music is the least possibly skilled sub genre of hip hop, no.

January 18th, 2013

Yes, next level sound and has had a visible impact. You don’t have to like it but you will respect it

January 18th, 2013
Kizman's photo

its perfect to listen to when u wanna party or get hyped up. u listen to the hard trap beats, not the lyrics

January 18th, 2013

In a sense you could say it is in the sub-genre of TRAP, but it wouldn’t be on my top 10 list anytime soon.

January 18th, 2013
Stelio's photo

Yes, It’s GOAT album of all time

January 18th, 2013

How does it innovate? That is one of the things a classic should do. If anything, the innovation is that he has set the bar lower in terms of lyricism and made that acceptable

January 18th, 2013