2013. A rapper's last shot?

Do you think that there are any rappers that have their last chance to blow up or make a comeback this year?

I think Jay Electronica and Lil B are both rappers that must put out an album this year or they will miss out on some great opportunities and lose too much interest with current fans.

what do you think?

January 18th, 2013
KJones77's photo

50 cent. If his new album sucks again, I’d say he would be officially done.

January 18th, 2013
Nossay's photo

Eminem, if his next album isn’t good….

January 18th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

J. Cole

January 18th, 2013

You’re only as good as your last album

January 18th, 2013

If Wolf doesn’t do well, then I think Tyler’s going to really fade into obscurity.

January 18th, 2013
January 18th, 2013

I feel like Joey Bada$$, having dropped a mixtape full of promise and then been sub-par on Peep The APROcalypse tape; needs to get something tight and solo out this year. Particularly as the most visible figure in the group and with the most talented member to pass.

January 18th, 2013
Cujo's photo

I feel like Joey Bada$$, having dropped a mixtape full of promise and then been sub-par on Peep The APROcalypse tape; needs to get something tight and solo out this year. Particularly as the most visible figure in the group and with the most talented member to pass

That’s more like common sense, though

January 18th, 2013

Well, yes. But surely a discussion on who needs to have a good year to stay relevant is going to lean on common sense a little?

January 18th, 2013
D.R.C's photo

This is a make or break year for Hopsin he’s been relevant to long since like 08' to not have nothing go mainstream yet…its def a make or break for him…..

and yeah same with 50 cent he hasn’t had nothing good since the gunit days and Get rich or die trying tape.

also Dom Kennedy he’s been out for a min. but yet ppl are still not hearing about him I remember him being relevant when Sean and Cole were both still being discovered

January 18th, 2013

PEEP was literately flawless. Lyrical art right thur.

January 18th, 2013

I agree with 50 and Hopsin
Eminem has a chance to prove himself.
J.Cole too, of course.
I feel like this is gonna be the year that decides if Kendrick is going to be GOAT contender or Lupe Fiasco 2, based on how his project with J.Cole goes. Also, Jay Rock, he’s been trying out some new things and I’d like to see him release an album in 2013.

January 18th, 2013
KJones77's photo

Eminem’s new album is not make-or-break in any sense. The large majority of his fans will continue to fuck with him regardless of if the album is good.

January 18th, 2013

Not even an eminem stan but he is a GOAT whether or not he drops another good or bad album. It’s just about what note he leaves off on.

January 19th, 2013