OT: The Story Of Your Enslavement

The story of how humans came to develop their own silken, perfumed, and well-lit cages.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Xbp6umQT58A

January 18th, 2013
Woden's photo

take your propaganda elsewhere

January 18th, 2013

I wish to pull you from the bubble you live in

January 18th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

…This is some weird shit.

January 18th, 2013
Fresh Air's photo

Eh, I’m fine with how I’m doin right now

January 18th, 2013

I don’t like how he talks but the idea is true. We all are slaving away, working and being taxed and producing debt and buying into this system for what?

We work longer hours, longer years and the aggregate product of society has increased eight fold but the share that the middle and lower classes have has actually decreased every year since the peak of “Golden Era of Capitalism” right after World War II. There was no boom under Clinton, under Reagan, under Nixion, or either Bush, or Obama. Merely fairy tale inflationary bubbles that create illusory wealth.

Anyways, you work more and more and are fed more and more propaganda while losing your freedoms and rights for what?

We are less secure, less wealthy, less happy, and less free than our parents and grandparents were.

January 18th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

Imagine if this was yelled by Howard Beale form the movie Network….the message would’ve hit harder.

January 18th, 2013

Except for a few glaring exceptions.

I won’t get lynched in the street, the Fed can’t beat the shit out of labor organizers or send in the National Guard, stuff like that.

But we can be detained, assassinated, our privacy can be broken any time, our legal rights denied, our protests broken up with mass arrests and irrational fines. Our access to the public arena blocked and sabotagged, I could go on and on and on.

January 18th, 2013
Fresh Air's photo

Still better then a lot of places in the world

January 18th, 2013

This may suffice.
WARNING: This is one of the few times Fox News has uttered the truth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLrK9NmfM4

January 18th, 2013

The difference between elections in overtly corrupt nations and the United States are that the politicians won’t be found dead in a ditch somewhere if special interests disagree with them.

The elections are still run by the business community, still bought, still decided on marginal issues and intentional confusion amongst the voters, and still meaningless because either candidate will pursue the general direction the government has pursued.

January 18th, 2013

Still better then a lot of places in the world

Is it? Aside from war-torn areas of the world (which are basically caused by American aggression…) I would wager that most people are much happier than Americans. Tons of studies have shown how unhappy Americans as a whole are. Is that because we are all ungrateful? Partly so, no doubt. But there is clearly another aspect to the situation here that should be explored.

This is a tough talk to have on a forum like this with so many young idealists though…90% of this forum has yet to find out just how shitty the real world is lol

January 19th, 2013

My hope is to rip away the idealism, the smoke and mirrors, and the illusions about our world and free these young minds. America is one of the most polled nations in the world and its for one reason: the corporations rule the country and need to find out how “public opinion” is looking so they can fit it into manufactured pretexts. It is also interesting to note that America is the only Western industrial nation that does not use exit polls to verify election results but that’s another issue.

Americans are unhappy as a whole and are unreasonably more fearful, and less free in both leisure time and political, economic, and social aspects than most of the other rich state capitalist nations.

January 19th, 2013

SinnersRemorse:

“Aside from war-torn areas of the world (which are basically caused by American aggression…) I would wager that most people are much happier than Americans”

Disregarding your massively ignorant blanket statement about war-torn areas of the world…what you know about living in, say, Russia or China, where people have an actual reason to be afraid of their government? What about life as a woman in a country under extreme Islamic law, where you can’t step outside the house ‘less you’re underneath a small tent’s worth of fabric? What you know about living in a country where they don’t have internet? Tell me honestly that you can imagine for a second what your life would be like if you lived somewhere where the vast majority of the population didn’t have internet-and I’m not saying I can either.
It’s not “idealism” that you can point and laugh at like a fuckin’ wiseass if someone steps up and reminds you of how good you got it. And being an idealist isn’t a reflection on someone’s intelligence, or age, or wisdom.
All of y'all masturbators should either be on your knees thankin' God Almighty that you have what you do, doing something to actually change the state of the World we live in, or fucking off to go play dodgeball or some shit. This quietly condescending, back-patting “THE WORLD IS A DICK!” rhetoric isn’t gonna solve any problems.

Outtie.

January 19th, 2013

I can’t speak for everyone but I am out there trying to bring a change, local areas first. A lot of the tools necessary for this are out of the hands of a young, 17 year old middle class black kid so I have to fall back sometimes on spreading knowledge with hopes of inspiring even one person to feel passionately disgusted with the way things are, as any sane person should be, and to act out on them as they may be in a better position.

I am going to have to wait until after college and a few years at a job to have the funds to start up the foundations and groups I have in mind to start the wheel of change ramping about in my area but in the mean time, we are gonna keep talking about it because it is Idealism.

How good do Americans have it?

Instead of the bludgeon we have self-censorship or propaganda. You may not think the two are equivalent but it is just as horrible to live a lie as it is to die as a result of one. In authoritarian systems, you KNOW where the power lies and where the lies are. You know that Stalin is the god-leader telling everyone to worship him and what he wants and all that.

In America, you have a general gist of it. We know the corporations decide policy, we know most of the funds go to them and their buddies and client states and other conduits they decide. We know that the people are expendable and any semblance of rights they have is to complacent them so that they are not at the White House in masse with guns down the President’s throat.

O yes we are not getting murdered, yet or assassinated or all these horrible violent things but to alter one’s consciousness as all false democracies do, to alter one’s thoughts and to placate them to the extent that they abdicate their power is a far worse fate then dying as you are condemned to a living hell. An eternity of longing for something more, not quite sure. Of constant fear, of constant artificial wants. Of perpetual debt and wage slavery, of censorship and impeded self growth. Of the most disgraceful wasting of human potential and contortion of societal relations to not kill a person but to kill their mind and force them to carry on in a subservient lifestyle that would cause them too much pain to be aware of and so they subconsciously, and possibly consciously, force it out of sight and mind.

We have it good in some manners but much worse in others. At least in China I have no illusions about my system, I know they would kill me in a heartbeat if I am a dissident or whistleblower. In America, I will see my whole entire world crumble if I realize the extent to which I am enslaved or controlled.

January 19th, 2013