Rap Genius Season 1 (Week 2)

New thread, here’s week 1

Congrats to the winners, now onto the next week!

Copied shit from the blog post here so that it’s easy to find or whatever. Good luck y'all!

• 2 points per explanation
  • 4 points per rap transcription
  • 6 points per non-rap transcription (rock/pop/country/book chapters/etc.)

Rules:

• No half-ass explanations: if you’re caught trying to cheat the system you will be disqualified
  • Transcriptions must be legit: this will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but if they aren’t good or are too short be prepared to have them not count
  • No upvoting/downvoting bullshit: if you’re caught with a bunch of suspicious upvotes/downvotes or upvoting/downvoting other people to make them look suspicious, you’ll get disqualified (just don’t do it please)
  • No mass deleting another user’s shit just because: if you’re caught being a dick as an editor, deleting someone’s explanations so that you can win, you’ll be de-editored and disqualified
  • Overall, just don’t be a dick and have fun: if you’re caught not having fun, I will be sad for you

The way it works:

• At the beginning of each week I’ll make a blogpost similar to this one
  • During that week, you will be facing off against one other user to see who can get the most points
  • The user with the most points at the end of the week when I count up the scores (around midnight EST on the following Sunday) wins
  • The person with the best record at the end of the season wins!

Prizes:

• 1st place: RG stickers + 2 RG shirts + grand prize
  • 2nd place: RG stickers + 2 RG shirts
  • 3rd place: RG stickers + 1 RG shirt

Get at it peepsssss!!!

This week’s match-ups are:

palacelight
Vs.
Liquid_NitroJeanne

J_Li
vs.
TheTrillHomie

SvenTheImmortal
vs.
ScopeY

Archon
vs.
LameImmaculate

StephenNiday
vs.
FanaHOVA

Lotharioo
vs.
thom

cwmitzel
vs.
Porsborg

MikeMorg
vs.
12dUbble21

englishmime
vs.
ashtag2

BBDS
vs.
Thurhood

Psyonik
vs.
Beanhead

pizza-n-mandolino
vs.
Mitha

James3O1
vs.
nietzsche

brockemsockemz
vs.
hughes

Frak
vs.
Dyaz

January 30th, 2013

Psyonik…make me proud

January 30th, 2013

I feel like i lost already

January 30th, 2013
BBDS's photo

RIP Ashtag

January 30th, 2013

Money is on beanz tbh…

January 30th, 2013

but psy can suprise us

January 30th, 2013
ashtag2's photo

Why BBDS :(

January 30th, 2013

RIP Sven, FanaHOVA & Liquid_NitroJeanne doe, damn

January 30th, 2013
Psyonik's photo

dat support doe… ima have to go ham. sorry bean..

January 30th, 2013

~Algernon’s Official Prediction List~

palacelight
I have faith that palace is gonna keep this ball rolling with another W.

J_Li
Sven is hard to beat, I predict J_Li is gonna bounce back from that tough loss.

LameImmaculate
LameImmaculate is playing as an underdog now and has something to prove. Watch out for a burst day of at least 50 points.

Stephen
Stephen is a beast on this explaining shit. I predicted last week he would outdo ScopeY and I was wrong, but losing to Scope is nothing to be ashamed of. Scope is in my top 5 of RG players this season. But Stephen is the homie and I think he’s gonna pull in the win.

thom
thom lost for me last week but Imma stick with my pick like tape on a cat.

Porsborg
Last week Prosborg had a big win over TilInfinity and I can see the momentum having more effect for Pors than cwmitzel.

Mike Morg
Mike is coming off a big week with a win over LameImmaculate and that confidence is gonna carry over into this week.

ashtag
Not to take away from the explanation game of englishmime who is no scrub, but ashtag is a scrappy explainer and he is looking to show people that he isn’t to be taken lightly. With a win over Psy last week, a win over em would be an excellent notch on ash’s belt.

BBDS
BBDS is a good editor and I think he is hungry to prove that he can be a top contender in the RG Season.

Beanhead
Bean has been on his grind nonstop ever since he made editor a few months back and I don’t see him stopping any time soon. I call him finishing Top 7 end of the season.

Mitha
I think Mitha is gonna pull in the win this week but it’s gonna be a squeaker. Look for Mitha to win by 15 points or less.

nietzsche
Until Jams comes back to RG, his opponents are gonna be taking easy W’s to pad their stats. I wouldn’t advise nietzsche to sleep though in case Jams sneaks back on the game.
hughes
I see a big week coming up for hughes, he’s gonna start to make a name for himself.

Dyaz
Dyaz is a powerhouse of the explanation game and I wouldn’t be surprised if he went on to win the whole chicken coop. He has solid explanations and he explains for hours at a time. The only way I see Dyaz losing soon is by divine intervention or an internet failure through all of Dutch.

Upset Pick Of The Week

Sven
Yes you heard it right, I am taking Sven over Scope. Even though Scope is my Top 4 and a good contender to win 1st overall, I believe in Sven and I have a feeling Scope is gonna be in a lull this week.

This has been Algernon’s picks for RG Season 1 Week 2. We’ll see how my picks turnout and stay tuned each week as I weigh in on the competitors and give analysis of matchups.

~Peace Love and Algernon~

January 30th, 2013

^You delivered the love n peace, am proud of you sun

January 30th, 2013

Just know im bouta explain all of New Jet City while im watchin the super bowl

January 30th, 2013
ScopeY's photo

Don’t worry, Alg, I’d love to prove you wrong.

January 30th, 2013
ashtag2's photo

scrappy explainer

hahha ok then

January 30th, 2013

Algernon, you’re now my favorite hahahaha! I love that post so much please continue doing this

January 30th, 2013