Fruity Loops 10?

masean's photo

I pirated it, and i’ve been messing around with it. This isn’t the first time. I’m ‘familiar’ with the program. I was curious if any people that are good with the program, would be willing to go on team viewer with me? And maybe show me some stuff? I’ve looked at tutorials on YouTube, but most are crap, or not what i’m looking for. I’d like to create my own brand of beats. Like a Frank Sinatra Hip Hop sound, or Buddy Holly, if you feel me. Mixed in with some scratches. Maybe some soul stuff as well. If you feel me. I have never played drums, or guitar, or piano. Fruity Loops is an over whelming program for someone who has never used it. The possibilities are endless.. To bad I have no idea how to get the sounds out of my head, into Fruity Loops. I can’t go off notes or anything either. I have a lot to learn and work on, i’m aware of that. But any help, suggestions, or anything of that nature is always welcomed. Thanks so much. -Masean

January 30th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

Bump, cuz I also need those questions answered!!!

one love for the buddy holly fan

January 30th, 2013
T And L's photo

Wish I knew more about producing, but I’ll bump because your not an asshole and your actually trying to learn something.

January 30th, 2013
masean's photo

If no one helps me, i’ll just teach myself. I’m already reading books on Piano, and Guitar. Those are key to know the notes and chords for when it comes to piano roll on FL. The Kick, Snares, and hat’s, ect, are all ‘by ear’ after that. I mean, there is alot more. But these are the essentials. Hopefully things work out! Thanks.

January 30th, 2013

I solely use FL for my production cos it’s the most user friendly…I’d just love to have Logic but I can’t afford a Mac at this point in time and I’d rather stick to the formula that works (http://jean-pauloofficial.bandcamp.com/album/forever-winter-instrumentals — check me out if you want)

Only advise I can give, is keep fucking around…and google it! That’s what I did! But a lot of shit of mine is experimental as fuck…and I just fuck around most the time…Never had no teachers…I don’t know…It’s just what happens when you spend a lot of time to yourself in your room. I really hope you get where you’re tryna go though bruh!

January 31st, 2013
masean's photo

Thanks bud. I’ll keep at it forsure.

January 31st, 2013

I made this beat using FL Studio 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWqquOqKlQ)

January 31st, 2013
B23Rich's photo

Man, just like anything, it’s all about expirimenting and putting that time in.

Just mainly focus on melodies and chords blending nicely. Drums are pretty easy to add in, also, I’d add pluck bass to every beat, I do that, it gives it a real nice feel when wearing headphone.

I’ve used FL for like 3 years, I made my first good beat after like 3 months, and after 2 years I was finally making really nice vbeats.

January 31st, 2013
masean's photo

Cool man, thank you for the advice.

January 31st, 2013

We could help more if you were more precise about what you want to learn.

January 31st, 2013
B23Rich's photo

Oh, and if you’re planning on making beats that are rap-over-able (sometimes beats turn out where it’s pretty hard to rap over), I suggest going on youtube, finding an acapella, level out the sides, and play a rapper over your beat.

January 31st, 2013

You should probably go on some producers forum, there’s probably more people that can help you. Try going to this site http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/

January 31st, 2013

I learnt some shit on that forum ^ tbh

January 31st, 2013
masean's photo

I’ll check it out, thanks again!

@hai i’m wanting to learn how to produce full Hip Hop beats. But I also want to learn my style i’m aiming for, a jazzy/soul sounding type of hip-hop style is what I want to produce.

January 31st, 2013

Ok mr kanye west wannabe if youre serious about making good beats you would throw out your bootlegged version of fl studio because its a fucking kiddie toy. You can tell when some nigga slapped together a beat on fl studio because its primitive and doesnt give you any creative control. If youre trying to make a trap beat then fl studio might come in handy but for what youre looking for i doubt ut will help itll just end up sounding like amatuer youtube shit

January 31st, 2013