You vs. Nardwuar

C_Goomba's photo

tell the RG fam how you think your interview with Nardwuar would go? What stuff do you think he will dig up about you or give you?

April 3rd, 2013

I imagine it will mostly have to do with punk rock and hardcore shit. Probably pull out one of my shitty bands old t-shirts and proceed with gentle chiding. He’ll also probably pull out some meth and ask what it’s like living in SouthWest Missouri where meth makes its home on the range.

April 3rd, 2013

He’d give me the CD single of OMC’s “How Bizarre” and I’d go mad trying to figure out how he knew that was my favorite song ever until I realized that I’d mentioned it on some RG thread entitled “You vs. Nardwuar”

April 3rd, 2013

Hopefully something like this

April 3rd, 2013
Eon2323's photo

He’d definitely give me a vinyl of Childish Gambino’s Camp. Then, if he was really resourceful, he’d give me a vinyl of Tokio Hotel’s album Schrei (or Scream) and ask me “what can you tell the people at home about this?” and I’d say that I used to listen to bands like Tokio Hotel and stuff because I liked playing Guitar Hero.

Then at the end, when he did his “doo-do-do-do” shtick, I would freeze longer than him.

April 3rd, 2013

I’d whip my balls out right off the bat. Then I’d calmly put my pants back on and act like nothing happened. Just to see what he’d do.

Anyway, since this would probably be way in the future, he’d probably have dug up a Cole World CD and Illmatic vinyl, if possible. I feel like we’d end up talking about cheese steaks for a long time and whether Pat’s or Gino’s is better, too.

April 3rd, 2013

He’d probably ask me all kinds of questions about Bay Area shit and also about my friends because my friends are all probably gonna be more famous than I ever am.

April 3rd, 2013
C_Goomba's photo

bump*

September 27th, 2013

He would first hand me a vinyl of Madvillainy, then I would say “nardwuar-san you’re making me blush!” He then would unsheathe his organ out of his plaid pants and make love to me throughout the whole night. “I love you nardwuar-san.” “And I love you too Squid-Chan, Doot Doola Doot Doo … Doot doo!” ^____^

September 27th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

He’d probably give me the complete soundtrack from cowboy bebop and proceed to ask me a whole series of question of my personal life and past that I don’t even know the answers to

September 27th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

He’d probably give me Jon Brion’s soundtrack to the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on vinyl.

September 27th, 2013

He’d ask me what happened when I played my saxophone at my middle school talent show and the music went out. I’d tell him I had to solo that shit and actually got the whole crowed singing the song i was playing. Then I’d smile like a dumb ass.

Then he’d hand me a Hopsin bobble head, the Up In Smoke tour poster along with the Soulja Boy’s first album and Lil Wayne and Birdman’s Like Father Like Son vinyls. Then I’d laugh like a dumb ass.

September 27th, 2013

he will ask me why do I always detele my internet history and he will give me joey badass 1999 and Lupe Fiasco Food and Liquor vinyl

September 28th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

Now that I think about it, he’d probably ask me about my days in Show Choir back in High School and how I sang the solo in my choir’s rendition of Some Nights by fun. Then give me that record on vinyl.

September 28th, 2013
CeQuenCe's photo

He probably would find out about my huge love for music, and have too much trouble finding my favorite artists scattered around the 60 genres of music I like, thus resulting in a Nardwuar malfunction causing his head to blow off…

September 28th, 2013