Can someone clean up "Accidental Racist" a little bit?

Mykro's photo

The song is just full of biased explanations. LL’s verse doesn’t have too many bad exps, but I don’t think Brad’s has a single unbiased one.

April 9th, 2013

Oh, we have to be unbiased now?

April 9th, 2013

RG is not about “objectivity,” strictly defined. If points of view are backed up and in line with the hip-hop community, loosely defined, they should stay.

-Straight from the mouth of one of the other mods.

April 9th, 2013
Smittens's photo

April 9th, 2013

Mykro ur silly

April 9th, 2013
Ottafiyah's photo

It’d be cool if the really grasping at straws liberal bullshit was toned down

April 9th, 2013
Ottafiyah's photo

It’s mainly Shawn pulling things out of his ass/wikipedia tbh

April 9th, 2013
Mykro's photo

^

yeah. I mean just look at some of them…

April 9th, 2013
TedMosby's photo

Tbh the biased explanations are ridiculous. In my opinion (I know my opinion doesn’t mean compared to the mods who would disagree but) we shouldn’t allow biased explanations. They’re just trouble and tbh I feel like deleting some because some of them are just silly. You disagree with what an artist is saying so you’re gonna fill the song with sarcastic comments?
If you don’t agree with the song go write a fucking blogpost about it. No need to be an ass.

April 9th, 2013
ScopeY's photo

Well, Time Magazine disagrees with you.

Commenters at Rap Genius, a website devoted to transcribing and interpreting rap lyrics, have done a fairly hilarious job annotating Paisley and LL’s lyrics.

April 9th, 2013

We can do better than “fairly hilarious” tbr

April 9th, 2013
Ottafiyah's photo

Yo who cares about Time Magazine, they manage to have their biggest issue fucked up by 4chan annually

April 10th, 2013

Yeah, but at some level this site isn’t just supposed to be serious. Maboo makes loads of joke explanations, but they (usually) work well because he’s probably a genius.

If they really are that biased, I suppose one of us mods/an editor could simply incorporate an alternative viewpoint into the explanation (e.g. “alternatively, this can be seen as…”)

April 10th, 2013
Ace23's photo

It’d be cool if the really grasping at straws liberal bullshit was toned down

It’s mainly Shawn pulling things out of his ass/wikipedia tbh

qft

April 10th, 2013
SameOldShawn's photo

“Pulling things out” of Wikipedia is generally called “researching”

April 10th, 2013