OT: Females and their obsession with phones

Yo what up fam! It’s me your bwoii Aviation from South Africa again. Been a minute since I aint post shit on the forums but I thought I might make an off-topic thread everyone could relate to. You ever had that awkward moment when you try conversate with a girl and they’re so glued to their phones but fail to give you that undivided attention you’ve been looking for? Yea I’m one of them. Just so were clear I don’t have a problem talking to females but I feel like this situation pretty much irks the shit out of me. One time I tried holding a conversation with a girl it got so bad that we didn’t even finish the rest of our on our way home. Signs I could tell she wasn’t paying attention:

1. “Oh sorry what was that you were saying?"
    2."I honestly can’t hear you hey! You’re speaking so softly.” But continues to text on her phone
    3.“I have no clue what you’re talking about!”

Those are a few I’ve come across recently but I’m sure the community knows where I’m getting with this. My question would be. Would you hold the conversation much longer even tho you know it aint going anywhere or would simply avoid the girl knowing very well she seems to think you’re acting like a bitch as she keeps staring at you?

Discuss

May 8th, 2013
Niaaa's photo

Shes just not that into you if she shamelessly texts and ignores your conversation.

May 8th, 2013

yea but it’s still disrespectful

May 8th, 2013
Niaaa's photo

People who don’t respect your time probably aren’t worth it.

May 8th, 2013

Expect to be disrespected in life.
When it happens, you can either be a mark and complain about being disrespected (which will only lead to you being disrespected more) or you can decide you’re not gonna take any fuckin' disrespect and walk away from it.

Oh, and it says negative things about your intelligence that you generalized one bitch not being into you into this big supposed thing about all women.

May 8th, 2013

Just kiss your teeth and walk away if a girl takes you for a pop tart like that again.

On the other hand, everyone and their mums has a phone so it’s inevitable people will be texting whilst talking at some point.

Although your story makes it sound like she didn’t give two fucks about what you was saying.

May 8th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

Solution: Be more interesting to her than whoever is on the other end of that phone.

May 9th, 2013

In high school I took this chick out to the movies and she spend the first entire half of it texting her friends about that movie. I left her ass there and went home, her parents were mad pissed they had to come get her ass

May 9th, 2013

@Skizza trust me bro I’ve experimented with a few solutions tryna get her attention.I asked"who is it you’re chatting to on your phone?“ She went"Oh! no-one.Mind your own!” Then I replied with"So would you rather be with them then try having a decent conversation with me.“She was so caught off guard with me being straightforward with her.

May 9th, 2013

@pio Nice one bro

May 9th, 2013
KingPoetic's photo

This motherfucker right here…

…Destroys most relationships tbh

May 9th, 2013
SDVG's photo

take the phone out of her hands then smash it on the ground that will show her to disrespect a young up and comin baller like u!!

May 9th, 2013
Ryan Vice's photo

Don’t bother to make make or maintain a friendship with someone who isn’t willing to make an equal effort. Trust me, it’s not worth your time.

May 9th, 2013

^100% co-sign

May 9th, 2013