[ROTD] Lupe, Andre 3000, MF DOOM, 2Pac-- May 8th, 2013 **New Format**

Bubshait's photo

Who are we kidding? We all we got bored of listing shit. (Except for OneTwoThreeFour probably, thanks for making me feel like my threads are relevant.)

In the space of one week, ROTD has gone from having a Mod backing it up and 12 upvotes

To having a single upvote and shit like this happening:

Anyways, in hopes of reviving whatever potential there was (if any), I have decided to try a different approach.

The poll results have proven that around 57% of the votes have gone to the top six rappers (Nas, Kendrick, Eminem, Kanye, Biggie, and Jay-Z, respectively). With many votes freeing up, it’s time to find out what the consensus is regarding the other 43%. (I’m pretty positive about the percentages, but let me know if I messed anything up)

Lupe Fiasco, Andre 3000, MF DOOM, and 2 Pac all had very close votes. It would be interesting to find out which rapper would be ranked ahead of the other three if there was a focus on these four rappers. So now,

Who Deserves It Most? (And why?)

Discuss

May 8th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

Utters said don’t turn this into a thing for a valid reason.

May 8th, 2013
6xPlatinum's photo

I don’t know what any of this is, but I love Ice Cube. Does that factor into anything?

May 8th, 2013
Bubshait's photo

Utters said don’t turn this into a thing for a valid reason.

Did he? He might’ve been right.

May 8th, 2013
ptica's photo

love the 2Pac gif

May 8th, 2013
DCA's photo

Other format seemed pretty cool…

May 8th, 2013
Bubshait's photo

Other format seemed pretty cool…

It was going nowhere to be honest with you. No discussion took place whatsoever. It was fun while it lasted though.

May 8th, 2013

Except for OneTwoThreeFour probably, thanks for making me feel like my threads are relevant

Awww, shucks. Anyway, I would personally order them

1. Andre 3000
  2. MF Doom
  3. 2Pac
  4. Lupe Fiasco
May 8th, 2013

You guys might hate me for this, But since im a 96 kid, I cant fully relate to Pac, and that leads me to me not necessarily liking his music.

Inb4 GO GROW UP AND LISTEN TO REAL HIP-HOP.

May 8th, 2013
DCA's photo

It was going nowhere to be honest with you. No discussion took place whatsoever. It was fun while it lasted though.

I was posting well thought out answers and having conversation. Honestly was looking forward to the thread each day. I feel like this is gonna just lead to shitstorms. And one has to be familiar with all four artists in order to participate.

May 8th, 2013

DOOM
Tree stacks
two-Pack shaker
L00Pay.

May 8th, 2013
Bubshait's photo

DCA,

I honestly appreciate your well thought out answers. Please feel free to continue what I started if you’re that excited about it.

To me, it seems like most people didn’t feel eager about ROTD. It might’ve been a shitty idea like some pointed out, or it might’ve simply not been executed correctly, so I thought I would try something else. A risk I believe would be worth taking.

May 8th, 2013
DCA's photo

Whatever, man.
1. Dumile
2. Lupe
3. Andre 3000
4. Tupac
Go ahead and hate me for it. All Eyez on Me did nothing for me. Had an R&B feel and I really wasn’t seeing the “poetry” that this guy is lauded for. Maybe it’s just an East Coast bias. Maybe I went in expecting too much. I don’t know.
Also, I only know Outkast’s singles.

May 8th, 2013

Lupe
Andre 3000
DOOM
2pac

May 8th, 2013

andre 3000 is the greatest rapper ever

May 8th, 2013