RG Rap Battle Year 2: ROUND FOUR (Finals)

6xPlatinum's photo

The final round is here. The entries have gotten significantly better and the judging has gotten increasingly difficult. Round 3, “The hook round” was successful in the sense that contestants branched out a little and offered up something that we hadn’t asked for yet. Unfortunately, there were 2 contestants that did not submit, making the final 8, the final 6. But alas, we have selected the four finalists for our fourth and final round of this year’s competition.

And to the two contestants that continued to participate in our contest, thank you. I really hope that the two of you take part in next year’s contest and if so, I look forward to your entries. I wish you the best of luck and I expect your talents to grow by leaps and bounds.

8th)Fresh Air (Did not submit)

7th)Jabines (Did not submit)

6th)Zinn

5th)Shad Fer

(The Top 4 Finalists)

4th)Mark Aliotta

3rd)Tunes (Emailed us his submission)

2nd)Einstein

1st)Chop

For our final round, the judges have decided to ask contestants to each make their own song. Completely. Contestants will pick their own beat, make their own hook, etc. There are a few limitations, as we are striving for originality and quality.

Final Round 4 Rules:

1. Create your own song
  2. Pick any instrumental that you want
  3. Your song structure needs to be: 8 bar hook/16 bar verse/8 bar hook/16 bar verse/8 bar hook
  4. To ensure originality, contestants will need to select at least 3 words from our word bank. Use these 3 words at some point within your track:
  5. Molly
  6. Based
  7. Yeezus
  8. Fishnets
  9. Bandit
  10. Gymnasium
  11. Ravioli
  12. Duck
  13. Shadow
  14. Pirate

Once the deadline comes around or everybody submits, one or the other, we post the entries let the forum do a vote on who they want to win. The results on this post will be a “public vote” and will act as if there is an additional judge on the panel.

The judges will determine the final rank of the contestants based on beat selection, delivery, flow, vocal charisma, hook quality and lyricism.

June 26th: Fourth (final) round announced, featuring the final 4
July 3rd: Deadline for all final round contestants. Links to entries will be posted and public voting will be open
July 6th: Winners announced

I wish all of the contestants the best of luck

June 26th, 2013
Notatroll's photo

Chop gonna win

June 27th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

Feel sorry for the three dudes that bout to try their best,just to lose to Chop one final time…

June 27th, 2013

This is gonna be good. Congrats to the Final Four. Chop looking like this year’s Louisville!

June 27th, 2013

The new set of rules can give anyone a competitive edge, so I think it’s safe to say it can go anyway.

June 27th, 2013
Paradoggs's photo

I like Chop’s version. Really good

June 27th, 2013
6xPlatinum's photo

Sorry for the mishap with the numbering, that shit was supposed to be bullet points

June 27th, 2013
Chop's photo

interesting finale. so glad ya have to make the better full song to win it all. talk about well-rounded.

June 27th, 2013
Teddy's photo

i really liked shad fers entry that hook was really crazy. sad to see he’s not in the finals but the top 4 is sick too. anyway good luck to everyone

June 27th, 2013
June 27th, 2013

Feel sorry for the three dudes that bout to try their best, just to lose to Chop one final time…

Hmmm, Shad does have a point, Chop been leading this thing since the 2nd Round, he’s the favored entrant and majority of people seem to already have their minds made up. Actually, I thought Shad Fer would’ve been one of the Top4…

until I realized he was up against a SKORg!

Ƕօա2ƨҟ↻འġ&Ɯ1n

@SKORgAndWin

June 27th, 2013
Isaiah G's photo

Oh shit we already here

June 27th, 2013
Chop's photo

hm. im gonna try to remain humble. i just recently started posting on here often. the word favored is giving me bad vibes altogether. i think i deliver extremely well each time. besides klonopin who I rarely talk to, sadly cause that’s the G, i dont know the judges [unless stephen is judging] or who is even judging for that matter. if people made up their minds it is simply because I did what was needed to be done each round. this is still anybody’s game. i dont know if you meant it that way or whatever but it really sounds to me like ya tryna take away from my skills. ive been doing this for way too long to be written off like that. my bad if you’re not but i honestly feel like I deserved number 1 in most of the rounds. if ya think different read the lyrics.

i also feel like some people’s flow, topic, rhyme schemes stayed the exact same throughout the whole competition. if you’re not number 1 why not try to do something different? playing it safe won’t get you number 1. I went from my deep almost story-telling side which I did on the first 2 rounds to more of a punchline, extroverted side which I did on the last 2. i plan on doing something totally different on this last one. do whatever ya want though.

good luck everyone.

June 27th, 2013

the word favored is giving me bad vibes altogether.

Ok, Flavored then.

[unless stephen is judging] or who is even judging for that matter.

Yep, favored.

if people made up their minds it is simply because I did what was needed to be done each round.

So, how’s that working for you in the profe$$ional world?

this is still anybody’s game.

Chop, Eienstein, & Marks.

it really sounds to me like ya tryna take away from my skills

Nope, just tryna take you out the competition…period. lol

ive been doing this for way too long to be written off like that.

So, how’s that working for you in the profe$$ional world?

if you’re not number 1 why not try to do something different?

(The Top 4 Finalists)

4th)Shad Fer
3rd)Mark Aliotta
2nd)Einstein
1st)Chop

do whatever ya want though.

I JUST DID. ☮

June 27th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

@skoRG thought I’d be in the top 4 as well,but I ain’t mad at all

@Chop your quite enjoyable to listen to and just like you said,you have skills,you probably are favored by the judges,but that’s because every round you gave them reason to favor you

June 27th, 2013