Wrote A Blog Post On Jay-Z (Working Title)

July 13th, 2013

Not the hugest Jigga-man fan, but the blog was well written and researched very well.

July 13th, 2013

Good: Nice smooth read, tons of links (which I think is nice), and a lot of compressed information. Also, the little quotes and allusions to his career moments within the article were dope.

Not so good: When I finished, it felt like I had basically just read his Wikipedia page, know what I mean? Not a bad thing at all, but I feel like that’s not what you were setting out to do. It sort of just dug up the surface and lacked analysis.

But how does someone with arguably the most inconsistent discography in hip-hop history become the titan of rap that Jay-Z is? And if he has in fact “seen it all, done it all” what more is there left for him to do?

These are two good questions that can be looked at in a lot of ways, but it was hard to find a unique answer to them in this draft.

Is your target audience just those who haven’t listened to Jay before MCHG? Or those who know his career but never contemplated how the fuck he got so much influence? Etc.

July 13th, 2013

@SR, good point on the lacking analysis. I can definitely delve further into that before I ask to get this published. Also, I don’t particularly have a target audience, I just wanted to write something like this and see what I could do. Like a halfway biographical piece but at the same time asking a question like how in fact did Jigga gain so much influence in the hip-hop world. I def. see where you’re coming from on the Wiki thing. Thanks so much for your input bruh.

July 13th, 2013

You don’t necessarily gotta hit it, but keep a general target in mind and it’ll help you get to something a bit more personal I think.

Otherwise, nice work..looking forward to reading the finished product.

July 13th, 2013

Thanks again fam. For now, I’m happy with it, I need to sleep. But I feel like I can make it a much more personable by breaking up the fact-vomit with some other little allusions, possibly through lyrics, and maybe round it off at the end of each paragraph to remind people what it’s about. But you said it was smooth, that was something I was really aiming for, I wanted it to be an easy read.

July 13th, 2013
MHealx's photo

You can see my feedback on the Facebook post Troy.

I also co-sign SR, however that can be a good blog post for people who don’t know too much about Jay, even just adding some kind of person opinion or analysis would give it alot more depth though.

July 13th, 2013
SDVG's photo

But how does someone with arguably the most inconsistent discography

stopped reading at this point tbr. take away half of bp2 and maybe vol 3 (maybe) and u got 10.5 albums out of 12 that r solid 7+/10.

nice troll attempt there womble.

July 13th, 2013