ApeVigoda's photo

What album by a white person was this and who was the white person?

December 23rd, 2011

In a perfect world, the word wouldn’t be used by anyone because of the meaning it was originally. We don’t live in a perfect world. I think people are ignorant to say that changing the suffix of the word from “er” to ‘a’ changes it at all. And we live in a world where you might get beat the fuck up for misusing that word, so just because a couple of your homies don’t care, doesn’t mean that no one is going to find it offense. So if you really have the balls as a white rapper to put that on a track and let a whole community of rap listen, then your taking the risk that not one of them is going to be so offended that if they saw you on the street they’d lay you the fuck out. Watch who you beef with.

December 23rd, 2011

V nasty cant rap for shit

December 23rd, 2011

Idc where v nasty came from shes been in the deepest hoods get the fuck outta here with that shit she looks like shes living good if you got enuff money to afford joints, and to afford going around not doing shit then you aint poor you just talk alot of shit you want to see poor go to a 3rd world country LOL 3rd world countries make the hoods of America look like luxury

December 23rd, 2011
Giorgio's photo

i personally don’t have a problem. i mean first of all it’s expression music is a chance to say what you want to say about what you see around you, without looking like a total asshole. also i feel that the word is only offensive when you interpret it to be offensive. for instance if v-nasty says “got my niggas with me” i don’t have a problem with that, she’s not saying like that. but if someones like “dumb black niggers need to get back field before i hang their asses” then it gets a little hurtful because i know they’re intending it to be hurtful and it’s hard to feel like ‘they don’t really mean it like that’ because it’s so specific. but if it’s used in a nonracial way i don’t have a problem with it. if you use it to describe a general person (think like motherfucker, no one thinks that whoever you call one fucks mothers specifically) then i don’t have a problem. it’s like i told a white dude i’m cool with “there is a difference between ‘nigga’ and ‘nigger’”

December 23rd, 2011
Giorgio's photo

Aav_1996 not necessarily i seen some shit that makes third worlds look pretty even

December 23rd, 2011
moshitup's photo

I’m with those on the thread that are confused about why white people would even want to say the word. I don’t remember white people rushing to call black people ‘God’ when that was popular. But it seems some white people just can’t wait to drop those N-bombs. And the new jack twist is that we’re supposed to enjoy it now, or be flattered by it or something.

If you’re a white person listening to rap music yet you think it’s ok to call black people niggers (or niggas, or nigguhz, or however you want to spell it so that it seems less insulting), maybe you’re not as ‘immersed in black culture’ as you think you are. And if you think black culture has anything to do with Cristal, rims or platinum chains you might want to rethink your position also.

Context is key. Just because a group tries to reclaim a word it doesn’t mean everyone else gets to jump on the bandwagon. Heeb Magazine isn’t an open invitation to start calling Jewish people hebes. And rap music isn’t an open invitation to start calling black people n*ggers.

December 23rd, 2011

Jayseanfan i swear man u keep posting those pics ur gonna make me jizz all over the screen >.<

December 23rd, 2011

I say it and im latino i dont ask for permission. I think up to the rapper really

December 23rd, 2011
iceberg's photo

I am about to get philosophical as a motherfucker. I don’t use the n-word, but I am going to explain why its retarded for black people to not want white people to use it.

You might want to prepare yourself for some real shit with some wikipedia readings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-structuralism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_opposition

Basically, by saying that white people cant say the n-word, the black man distinguishes himself from the whole of the white man. He says “those white-ass niggas over there are nothing like us black niggas over here.” He acknowledged the binary opposition of white/black.

and you’re asking well who gives a fuck?

Well, honestly, not very many people… But you should.

Basically, when you acknowledged that one thing is different from another, post-structuralist philosophers (who are hard as fuck) say that you intuitively say one is superior to another. This is most often seen in binary opposition of savage/civilized. Everyone initially thinks being civilized to be superior, but the deconstructionist philosopher will remind you that a “civilized” man can do some fucked up shit.

ie: white man’s domination of blacks.

To continue to acknowledge the two different sections of people by saying who does or doesn’t do something perpetuates the racist binary.

suck my white amateur philosopher penis

December 23rd, 2011
Malik's photo

Haha. White men will kill to say nigga. Damn. Ask white people not to do something because it’s offensive and they’ll argue with you for days. Nobody can have anything of their own.

December 23rd, 2011

^kike it.

hahahahahah

December 24th, 2011
BigfootNJ's photo

White rappers don’t need to say the n-word. There are enough words that rhyme with “figure.”

December 24th, 2011
Adonis's photo

I just use “killa”

December 24th, 2011
damnshame's photo

Necro says it. RA the Rugged Man says it. Those dumbass white girls above say it. Eminem said it (in a freestyle that surfaced more than a decade later) and he ended up getting a pass. Lots of more obscure white rappers like the Bawston Strangla say it. So it’s not exactly unheard of.

But really I just dropped in here to point out the fallacy that goes, “if somebody makes rap music, he/she must love black people.” Intolerant people co-opting an art form created by a group they hate so they can “do it better” is something that happens ALL the time. Believe it or not, there is such a thing as neo-nazi white power rap music.

Furthermore, what about all those white people who made money off blues and R&B back in the 40s and 50s when black artists couldn’t get airplay? Do you think they were all civil rights crusaders?

When I worked construction, I used to have a boss who was one of the most intolerant, bigoted pricks I’ve ever met. He especially hated gay people. His favorite singer? Melissa Etheridge.

December 29th, 2011