Top 5 RG tracks (week 19.08.2013 - 25.08.2013)

I’ve never seen this kind of threads on the forum, so I decided to start something new. Every Monday, I’ll add a “Top 5 RG tracks of the week” list and review those five tracks. Keep the following things in mind:

• The list will include only new tracks by RG forum users and will be based on the upvotes/downvotes the OP’s post, that contains the song got;
  • Only instrumentals will not be included on the list;
  • If a mixtape/album receives enough votes to make it to the list, I’ll choose a single song from it;
  • If two songs have the same number of votes, the one that was released later will take the higher spot on the list.

I hope the RG community will be satisfied with my reviews, or at least like the idea. And I also hope to help some RG rappers to gain some more listens. Enjoy!

1. Negrostotle — Rhyme Voodoo (feat. Chop)

“The Red Light” is finally here. The album is full of great lyrical content and is most definitely a high-quality project. It features verses from Nielz, Jayy Lee, KE, T And L and Chop and production from the likes of Birocratic, Ben Devlin, Thelonious Martin, Experience the Kid, Chop and Backspacez. “Rhyme Voodoo” is the track number 10 on the album and features Chop, who also produced the track. And he produced it wonderfully. Negrostotle and Chop both bring dope verses to the table. Prosee’s flow is totally on-point and his specific voice is always enjoyable to listen to. Chop, who won the “RG Rap Battle Year 2” competition a month ago, goes hard once again. His verse contains some nice punchlines. We can hear him spitting:

“Lokos no Moscato, got no bars-though yall are really wack
Niggas write a song of trash, but think they wrote the Illiad
No hits, no homers, boy that’s strike one
In the club, sonnin ‘em early Because the Night’s Young.”

Still can’t make sure who out rapped whom on this great banger. You decide. Also, don’t forget to check out the album.

https://soundcloud.com/thew0rdmaven/rhyme-voodoo-featuring-chop

2. M'Balls — WTF

In anticipation of M'Balls' new mixtape “The Concept is No Concept”, after the release of the track “No Concept” a few days before, we are now honored with a new single from the album, called “WTF”, which stands for “Why the Face”. The track is produced by Ben Devlin, a great producer, who brings a really nice beat to the table. The song starts kinda weird, so in the beginning you will probably be like “WTF”. But, by the end of the first verse M'Balls unravels the mystery behind the lyrics, showing us his great ability to use metaphors. The hook is funny and interesting, and will not leave you indifferent. On the second and the third verse, M'Balls encourages us to “turn positive to negative”, while providing some nice punchlines and wordplay. He spits:

“Got so much hair on my legs I look like a primate
Could’ve been a stunt double on Planet of Thy Apes.”

“WTF” shows us M'Balls' talent for making music and raises our expectations for the album. What makes the listener enjoy the song even more is M'Balls' lovable accent. It is definitely a song that deserves its spot on the list. M'Balls, himself labeled it the best — “a glorious piece of art”.

https://soundcloud.com/scopey/wtf-prod-by-ben-devlin

3. Vita Et Mors — Nostalgia (feat. Negrostotle)

Vita Et Mors got one of the most popular rappers on the forum — Negrostotle, who appears on the list for the second time, to spit with him over a lovely beat produced by Thelonious Martin. The beat completely suits both of the MC’s. As the title says, they rap about past memories, that they miss. Vita spits some nice sentimental lyrics with a nice delivery. Negrostotle does the bridge and the second verse of the song. He gives us a solid verse with a few nice punchlines. All in all, it is a very nice song, even though we know that both of the artists can go harder than this.

https://soundcloud.com/vitamors/nostalgia-feat-negrostotle

4. Big Teach — Freestyle Friday

The teacher’s late to class. Maybe, if he released the track earlier this week, he would have been higher on the list. “Freestyle Friday” is a pretty solid track, where Big Teach provides a lot of nice punchlines. The first verse was already released before, and after ten days he managed to finish the rest of the song, which made the song even better. This pretty nice beat is made by SDVG, who has produced for many other RG artists, such as Jayy Lee, Shad Fer, Mak Nikova etc. Enjoy the track.

https://soundcloud.com/big-teach/freestyle-friday-full

5. Bravo Ca$h — Control (Remix)

Although he’s one of those egocentrical rappers, that sign up on Rap Genius just to promote their music, Bravo Ca$h delivers a pretty nice remix of Big Sean’s “Control”. His flow and delivery are really great, which makes the track much easier to get into, but lyrically, there is certainly room for improvement. Bravo Ca$h takes some shots at today’s rappers:

“I never surrender, you niggas is scared of Kendrick
I'mma be a better rapper than everybody he mentioned.”

I’m looking forward to that day, honestly. Anyway, “dream of a 17 years old rapper” may not be your favorite type of songs, but still out of all the “Control” remixes we can rate this one as above average. Take a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/bravo-cash/control-remix-king-hit

August 26th, 2013
Chop's photo

dope list bruh good job.

August 26th, 2013

Yay I’m on the list. New track with Vita coming soon btw

August 26th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

No love this week aye? and I dropped 2 tracks,that hurts :‘’(
https://soundcloud.com/shadfertharapper/700-islands-and-dreams-prod-by

Rhyme Voodoo is my jam tho

August 26th, 2013