Hey @Skizza306 , That's bull-sh!t...

Ok, I was on this thread and @Skizza306 got into a debate about albums that have more saturation that Get Rich or Die Trying. You can see it in the link.

I just wanted to get out of RyKo’s thread before I get into this.

Speakerboxxx/Love Below is a double-album though, so the number of people who actually have it is half of it’s total sales since each one counts as two.

What?? If I buy the album Speakerboxxx/The Love Below at Target, and take it to the register it is bought as 1 UNIT and that is how the album sales are counted.

It doesn’t count as 2 albums sold. It’s not sold as 2 albums. It’s sold as a 2-disc album like you said Skizza. When you buy the Life After Death Biggie doesn’t get twice the amount of money.

September 14th, 2013
DC26's photo

People let me down so much as the night goes on…

September 14th, 2013
Eddz's photo

As a result of the methodology that the American and Canadian certification-awarding bodies, the RIAA and Music Canada, use, each disc in a multi-disc set is counted as one unit toward certification, leading to many double albums on the list—such as Pink Floyd’s The Wall and the Beatles’s The Beatles—being certified with a number double the number of copies sold there. Such albums have the certifications for the number of copies, not discs, shipped indicated.

September 14th, 2013

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below has been certified diamond and 11 times platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for shipping more than 11 million units (in this case, 5.5 million double album sets, which are double-counted by the RIAA

wikipedia

September 14th, 2013
Eddz's photo

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below-5.5 million physical copies sold
GROTD- 6.5 million
So, in terms of how many people bought it, GROTD>Speakerboxxx/TLB

September 14th, 2013

rip op

September 14th, 2013
Jergnome's photo

almost drowned in skizzs pusci so i swam to his butt — Lil Jerayne

September 14th, 2013

September 14th, 2013
Ace23's photo

lol op rekt in 3 replies

September 14th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

Welp, looks like this has already been taken care of.

September 14th, 2013

lol wasn’t expecting to catch so many L’s…

September 14th, 2013
Eddz's photo

Look at this way: At least you’re willing to admit you’ve been beaten, which is a lot more than I can say for other members on this site (including me once on twice)….

September 14th, 2013

this is one of those situations where it sounds so right when it comes out your mouth. but hey…can’t argue with facts.

@Skizza306 my bad bro.

September 14th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

Hahaha, all good.

September 14th, 2013

Love it.

September 14th, 2013