Lets Pay Our Final Respects To GTA IV

C_Goomba's photo

Tmm is the big day and It’s that time once again; where the next GTA will dominate the previous one(s) and it will make them a thing of memory. Ppl will still play GTA IV every now and then but sadly it will be a thing in the past. Talk about your favorite moments playing GTA IV, your favorite mission, and radio station/song. WHo was your favorite character and why? Post some of your favorite youtube videos regarding GTA IV.
I remember peeking the trailers back in 07-08 and going apeshit over it. Now it’s all nostalgia. Visually this game changed the GTA series. Insane how quickly time flies.

September 17th, 2013

GOAT supporting character

September 17th, 2013
Stelio's photo

September 17th, 2013
Alpha-Q-Up's photo

I didn’t really like GTA IV.

But I got a feelin GTA V is gonna be incredible.

September 17th, 2013
Leverag's photo

I wouldn’t jump ahead so quickly. I might go back to 4 if 5 is all about stuffing as much testosterone into the game as possible.

September 17th, 2013
OViea91's photo

I honestly don’t remember much from GTA IV… but San Andreas was incredible and magic. Hope This next GTA doesn’t let me down like the last one did.

September 17th, 2013
MC_Jmoney's photo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYMST0zU_M This was the best song on the sountrack. Also the best mission is the one where you rob the bank with the Irish family.

September 17th, 2013
Xzibit's photo

In party mode I used to like flying a helicopter up to the tallest building in the city and jumping off

September 17th, 2013
September 17th, 2013
Izuna's photo

The PC mods for GTAV are going to insane…

September 17th, 2013
Izuna's photo

*to be

September 17th, 2013
C_Goomba's photo

it will be 3-4 months before the PC version is finally released

September 17th, 2013

The fun 20 minute foot-car-helicopter-boat chases with my friends across NYC with 6 stars as we evaded SWAT and cops and each other. One of my favorite moments was when I was getting away from a pileup with two friends and another was gaining on us with a Comet when this armored truck just smashes through traffic at the intersection ahead and barrels into the side of my car. We flip three times and come to a stop and we are like “cool” then you hear two loud pumps as they fill up our car with lead and thus begins the frantic “start the car, find health” chase which we all know and love.

Our friend shoots two tires off before being kissed by some shotties, we hear his car blow up and we speed away, flashing red. It’s all good as we approach some health near TImes Square about five minutes, literally six inches from it when a huge fucking explosion rings out infront of us and our car basically drops teh ground with no tread since tires are gone and its on fire. I jump out, 1 friend jumps out, the car explodes and kills our buddy inside then tosses my survivor against a building to the side. I look and see Brosef 4 with the RPG and he’s laughing over the Party audio, fires another and I roll out of the way (meanwhile cops enclose our position). So I hit skates and try to rob a taxi, cops firing, helis firing, RPGS flying and crashing helis and trucks near me. I’m fraeking out since my blue bar is gone, health is blinking red. I see an alley maybe 10 blocks ahead, no cars I can get without dying, no health nearby without getting shot.

I sprint for the alley, another explosion goes off near me. Wasn’t close enough. 10 meters. I hear an engine behind me, I turn around and target and roll as an Armored truck comes barrelling through. Run the opposite direction towards Brosef 4. Then the fun begins.

He fires a shot, I roll out of the way, it blows up the cops, I get into traffic, he fires another shot, it blows up some cars and one flies into the air to hit a heli’s tail and send it spinning (inertia probably) into him. He rolls and I sprint for a car, its burning, ram it into him and kill the bastard. Take a breath and then I hear “freeze!” before getting arrested by some lead.

This and many other memories

September 17th, 2013

Or probably the time we were trying to get to the hospital for a challenge: no vehicles, no advanced pistols, 6 stars just you and a pistol no health. Took us 2 hours, we ended up running into the subway system and fighting off cops from both sides in the tunnels, screaming for our lives. I don’t know how we made it out but I think we got to some way station that led to an above ground train station (they never run in multi) and we ran up there, jumped off, entered the alley filled area of town next to it and made our way slowly.

At one poitn before entering the airport’s area, there was a pileup of maybe 4 of those armored trucks and my friend just expertly shoots off the tire of a car passing by which crashes into the pile up and we charge screaming and shooting.

Good times.

September 17th, 2013
C_Goomba's photo

I hope to play you once again one day. Thanks for the memories GTA IV but now we must part ways in a couple hours to make way for a new journey. Till we meet again Niko, Roman I hope to go bowling with you one day. So long Liberty City.

September 17th, 2013