Raw emotion vs lyricism

0neLove's photo

What do you prefer? Raw emotion on songs like Life´s a Bitch, Runaway, Can I Live, Dance, Book of Soul or dope lyricism like, It ain´t Hard to Tell, I ain´t No Joke, Renegade, Birds eye Wiew?

September 26th, 2013
0neLove's photo

View*

September 26th, 2013

why not both?
mexican music plays

September 26th, 2013
LewAshby's photo

September 26th, 2013

I would go with raw emotion. Kid Cudi ain’t much of a lyricist, but he’s still one of my favorite artists because he can convey his emotion very well and is a good at it too. Raw emotion is what made 808s by Kanye good. Just listen to this, you can feel the vibe of his emotion to know what he’s talking about and it turns out to be musical perfection.

September 26th, 2013
Jergnome's photo

ur just an la girl. a spoiled little la girl

September 26th, 2013
0neLove's photo

It aint that often you have both since when you show that emotion it can break up the rhyme and flow and those faults also make you feel the emotion in the song. Like the crack in in ab-souls voice in book soul, but sure you can have both for example life´s a bitch, thats when you know it´s a classic when it combines everything: banger, a message, emotion, storytelling etc for instance 99 problems and get by.

September 26th, 2013

that is hard but I go with raw emotion and chiddyshadyfiasco expands it perfect

September 26th, 2013

Emotion only appeals to me when it comes to something I empathize with,you named Life’s A Bitch,which is also lyrical,but I didn’t lose my friends or grow up in extreme poverty I can’t relate.I always appreciate good lyricism.

But if I can sympathize like in Legends Never Die,I’m Not A Saint,Hailie’s Song or Till I Collapse,I appreciate emotion.

September 27th, 2013
Bound3's photo

Book of Soul is both IMO.

September 27th, 2013

Emotion

September 27th, 2013
D'shon's photo

The heart pt.2……my god when i heard it for the first time i almost broke down listening to how much emotion and shit was behind the shit. Plus the lyricism on the track was enough to make any one quit

September 27th, 2013

What? “Can I Live” and “Life’s A Bitch” are dope lyrically, also.

September 27th, 2013
BBDS's photo

>Listening to Jay-Z for his lyrics

lmao

September 27th, 2013

Examples I like:
Raw Emotion: “Kim”– Eminem /“Tie My Hands”– Lil Wayne
Lyricism: “Good Kid”– Kendrick Lamar/ “Gorgeous”– Kanye West

While Lyricism will make me sit there like “Oh shit man!!!” raw emotion will help me get through shit.

September 27th, 2013