Imo Common is a very boring rapper

BBDS's photo

dude has no charisma nor anything that makes him really stick out. Like, ish like LW4C, Be, and Resurrection are all “classics” for their production. I’ve listened to the three recently and really can only think of one or two songs that stick with me.

dude is very overrated

September 27th, 2013
Bound3's photo

IMO relisten to Be and get back to us. He was a great rapper in his prime but he’s definitely fallen off. Like have you heard his verse on Sean’s Switch Up. Pure trash, to be honest. But he has at least three quality albums. Maybe you just like a different type of MC though, which is understandable. No judgement from me.

September 27th, 2013
BBDS's photo

I’ve heard Be

great production

September 27th, 2013

How has he fallen off? The Dreamer The Believer and Finding Forever are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6yeRTy2ubk

September 27th, 2013

This X1000

Common is not trash by any means, but dude does not stand out. There is nothing about him that is unique.

September 27th, 2013
Xzibit's photo

Not sure if trolling, but agree with you OP either way

September 27th, 2013
Stelio's photo

u only like the production on Be because it’s kanye

September 27th, 2013
CLOUDS's photo

so far, four rappers i know have been heaped into the boring category

wale
Chance the rapper
j cole
and now common

i don’t get it tbh. the only people i hear getting genuine love here are trap artists (ie wake flocks who supposedly has at least two classics and lil Wayne with three). i appreciate that genre of rap when done right (asap rocky), but do people around here just get bored by straight rapping? no hype, no genre-bending production, no revolutionary flow; just straight rapping, 100% authentic from the heart.

that should be the core of rap, honestly. just listening to the lyrics.

September 27th, 2013

Go listen to a poem buddy.

September 27th, 2013

@CLOUDS God bless you

September 27th, 2013
D'shon's photo

chance is no where NEAR boring for 1

1. dont care about wale but j.cole i feel for him in the sense that he’s just laid back in what he’s saying, not sticking out or making you keep your attention on the nigga

3.Common…that man is NOT gonna yell at you to make you listen. YOU yourself have to do that. He is an artist you have to acquire a taste for to fully enjoy because when you do, you’ll find he has ALOT of shit to say. but he leaves it to you to decide dawg

September 27th, 2013

Common isn’t for everyone. He uses a poetic form of rapping, so don’t expect a bunch of raging on beats.

September 27th, 2013
BBDS's photo

i don’t get it tbh. the only people i hear getting genuine love here are trap artists

lmao @ listing wayne as a “trap” artist when his biggest draw is his lyrics and delivery

ie wake flocks who supposedly has at least two classics

lmao what is this 2nd classic that people grant to flocka? we know that Flockaveli is called classic by many because it set the standard for what modern trap sounds like; to put it into perspective, it’s like the trap version of 808s & heartbreak

and lil Wayne with three

possibly more depending how you count up classics. If you count up mixtapes as “classic” productions then we know for sure that he has great projects with Dedication 2, Drought 3, ad No Ceilings. As far as albums, Carter 2 is called so by many and Carter 3 sure has the production (imo) and charisma to be called a classic jawn. but honestly we should stray away from the term “classic” because it causes too many problems in these types of discussions

i appreciate that genre of rap when done right (asap rocky)

so good flow + beats ranging from good to great is “rap done right”?

but do people around here just get bored by straight rapping? no hype, no genre-bending production, no revolutionary flow; just straight rapping, 100% authentic from the heart.

What the fuck is a Jay Electronica

that should be the core of rap, honestly. just listening to the lyrics.

elitist fagwad, don’t tell me what i’m supposed to be listening to or what the draw of a genre should be.

September 27th, 2013
BBDS's photo

September 27th, 2013

Wow no wonder why people think @BBDS is a faggot, maybe because he isn’t a faggot, just an extreme bitch with expired ears and a weirdly wired brain.

September 27th, 2013