Who is your Top 5 Southern Rappers of All Time

I myself am struggling to create a list. Would like to know you guys list and why for each artist.

October 4th, 2013
Skizza306's photo

Scarface
Andre 3000
Bun B
Big Boi
Lil Wayne

October 4th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

Outkast(as a group,because Big Boi is underrated af)

Big Krit

T.I

Bun B

Jay Electronica

October 4th, 2013

Top 5
1. Scarface
2. Andre 3000
3. Big Boi
4. Pimp C
5. T.I.

My Top 5
1. Yelawolf
2. Big K.R.I.T
3. Jarren Benton
4. Rittz
5. Lil' Wayne…(I have my reasons)

October 4th, 2013
BlackPhan's photo

No Order:
Scarface
Andre 3000 & Big Boi (both)
Jay Electronica
T.I.
UGK

October 4th, 2013

You really gotta be from the South to have a feel for the culture of Southern hip hop. People don’t understand that the original Freestyle Kingz came from Houston. Lil Wayne’s entire approach to rapping is based on UGK and SUC. Imma get off my soap box and list these niggas…

UGK
Three-Six Mafia
Outkast
Lil Wayne
Z-RO

October 4th, 2013

^ Yeah man people who just hate on Lil Wayne just really don’t understand the influence that he has over southern hip-hop. When people of the south think Lean they think DJ Screw, Pimp C, and Lil' Wayne.

Not to put him under anybody, but if T.I. didn’t call himself the king of the south, The south would’ve called Wayne king….And i’m around these southern niggas everyday. And they still put Wayne in they top five. Just because of how he put on for southern culture. Plus them Hot Boys days just don’t die for these people man.

October 4th, 2013

Andre 3000 best rapper oat

October 4th, 2013
MBTM's photo

scarface
Big boi
andre 3k
bun b
pimp c

October 4th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

Big K.R.I.T.

Jay Electronica (One of my top 3 artists to begin with

CunninLynguist

Geto Boys

G Side

October 4th, 2013

Andre 3000
Big Boi
Jay Electronica
Big K.R.I.T.
Lil' Wayne (2004-2009)

October 4th, 2013

Andre 3000
Scarface
T.I
Pimp C
Lil Wayne

October 4th, 2013

3Stacks
KRIT
2 Chainz
T.I.
Wayne
& Luda is one of the most underrated

Honorable mention:
Jay Elec, Yelawolf (really hit or miss), B.o.B., Bun B

October 4th, 2013

I might be reachin, but I gotta at least mention Gucci. He’s one of the only dudes really keepin the streets in hip hop.

October 4th, 2013

@trill_kots I assume that you would be talking about in “mainstream (southern) hip hop” because the last time Gucci was relevant in there was that song he had with Usher….but if you’re not then you’re incorrect…

I can give you a list of (southern) rappers that “keep the streets in hip hop” cause you say it as if there’s a minimal number of street rappers in the south but I will give Gucci an honorable mention… I know people that really love Gucci but before him we have to put Jeezy in there….

October 4th, 2013