Kendrick Lamar BET Cypher Diss Bars Aimed At Someone Else?

I just looked up on Tumblr that the now-infamous snippet Kendrick’s lyrics might be aimed at someone else.

“Fact: Nothing has been the same since the Control verse.

Fact: Papoose took the diss the most personal, aka sensative rapper

Fact: Papoose says “You a fuking joke, we laugh at you like hee hee hee.

Fact: Kendrick responds, “ha ha jokes on you”

Fact: Papoose says “My bullets hit em’ dead in his cooty come out his booty”

Fact: Kendrick responds, “I’m bullet proof, ya shits will never penetrate”

Fact: they actually sell Papoose pajamas, google it."

It’s a HUGE stretch to diss him (seeing as Papoose is about as relevant as my dog’s passing bowel movement these days) but they kinda make sense. Pap’s been rapping over his beats en masse lately and took it harder than anyone, especially seeing how K. Dot let him basically crash the Summer Jam stage and got a diss track for gratitude, so that could also mean the “fake nigga” line was meant for him too.

October 4th, 2013

Yeah when I saw that HHDX made the notion that it was a possible Drake diss I just laughed because it was an obvious shot at Pap.

October 4th, 2013
Shad Fer's photo

I don’t see why he can’t be meaning both…

October 4th, 2013

I don’t think he would waste his time replying to papoose

October 4th, 2013

I think he is taking shots at both.

October 4th, 2013
Threshold's photo

@VanCity55555 well then again it is subliminal and it’s controversial so he wouldn’t waste time because he’s causing buzz from a diss that nobody certainly knows whom it’s directed at wouldn’t he?

October 4th, 2013
JTTD's photo

it just makes more sense for it to be aimed at drake. He already responded to papoose and said it was laughable and that was the end of that. Meanwhile drake has been jabbing at k dot last month while promoting his album with no response from kendrick and come on there are many different ways to say “nothing was the same” during that freestyle, but we’ll have to wait and see on the 15th…

October 4th, 2013
JTTD's photo

and there is no papoose pajamas that the person claimed exists

October 4th, 2013

I definitely think the “Nothing’s been the same line” was for Drake, but the rest of it could be for Pap; Drizzy and K.Dot have been working together so much lately and they give each other props constantly. Even in said interviews about Control, Drake gives nothing but praise to Kendrick as an artist. Besides, he downplays it but he didn’t get anywhere NEAR as butthurt as Papoose did.

October 4th, 2013
October 4th, 2013

Papoose got but hurt when Big Sean acted like he didn’t know who he was. Pap also got but hurt because Sean says BIG before his verses. That should tell you enough about

October 4th, 2013

About Pap

October 4th, 2013
ScottFree's photo

Kendrick came thru with the double entendre diss

October 4th, 2013
Alpha-Q-Up's photo

“NOTHING BEEN THE SAME”

That part seals it. when it comes to Who it’s about.

Kendrick knew exactly what he was saying when he said those 4 words.

It’s not even a question

October 4th, 2013

Yeah once he say’s “Nothing Been the Same” it pretty much solidifies who it’s about.

Kendrick is a lyricist, he puts words together very carefully, so him saying drakes album title is IMPOSSIBLE to be a coincidence.

Definitely at Drake

October 4th, 2013