The Blueprint Trilogy vs. The Vol Trilogy

Which series of these albums do you think was better and do you think he should keep at least of these series going?

October 17th, 2013

I’ll take Weeknd trilogy over both.

October 17th, 2013

Personally, I say the Volume trilogy. It was definitely planned out to be three albums worth of material from his life, so it works better as a series. While the original Blueprint is stellar and possibly his magnum opus, both sequels to it are quite lackluster in comparison in the sense that they are too feature heavy and bloated with filler tracks, and there is really no theme to imply a trilogy. I don’t think that he should continue either. It wouldn’t make sense to do another volume, because it wouldn’t be closely enough related to the first three. And another Blueprint sounds like a pretty bad idea, because the Blueprint series seems to just continue to decline in quality with each album added to it. But that’s just my opinion

October 17th, 2013

idk this is how i see it

VOL:

1 — really really great
2 — Ballz
3 — it was good not great

Blueprint:

1 — Excellent
2 — hot ballz
3 — meh

So with that in mind I have to go with the Blueprint Series mostly because of the first Blueprint tho, shit could body the Vol. series one at a time by itself or both 2 and 3 at the same damn time

October 17th, 2013

Tough question. Overall, I think the Blueprint trilogy because at the very least the first Blueprint album was dope. With the Vol. trilogy, every album had filler. Blueprint 2 has filler also but it’s mostly due to the fact that it’s a double album.

October 17th, 2013

Blueprint

October 17th, 2013

Vol. Trilogy by far. Too many hits, plus Jay was still “hungry” at the time, so much better.

October 17th, 2013

The Blueprint trilogy had the best ALBUM, but the volume trilogy was better as a WHOLE

October 17th, 2013

Vol 1 was one of Jay’s best albums.

Hell if Jay scrapped making the volumes into a trilogy, scrapped the filler and put the best songs on one he could’ve had a classic.

October 17th, 2013

The Vol. series is better…

BUT

The Blueprint tops all of these albums x2 individually

October 17th, 2013

Blueprint 2 > VOL 1 > VOL 2 > Blueprint > Blueprint 3 > VOL 3

Blueprint > VOL 1
Blueprint 2 > VOL 2
Blueprint 3 > VOL 3

December 25th, 2013