Sir Luscious Left Food Appreciation Thread (Pause?)

Being a massive fan of OutKast I was happy to hear Big Boi was going to make a solo album, which also might lead to material from Andre 3000 (whom I frequently check as my personal favorite rapper ever). I hate how I made that mistake in a way. While we all acknowledge Big Boi as a fantastic MC we ignore him over 3 Stacks in just about any conversation about the group, myself included. Which is why it’s a crime this album is so overlooked.

Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is wildly inventive, fun, creative, and worthy of every bit of praise it received from critics. It has a 90 on Metacritic compared to Kanye West’s 93 for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Big Boi was on fire the entire LP with fantastic song left and right (Hustle Blood, Daddy Fat Sax, You Ain’t No DJ, Shutterbug, General Patton, Back Up Plan, Tangerine) with amazing production behind them all. Sure it had some throwaways (Follow Us) and the features did kill some of the vibe of certain songs, but this was beyond anything I was expecting and a very good album. Hustle Blood has Jamie Foxx kill the hook and Lil Jon gives one of his best beats period, Yelawolf kills it on You Ain’t No DJ over Andre’s insane beat, General Patton and Daddy Fat Sax are some of the two best songs Big Boi has been a part of in his career.

It’s a shame this album hasn’t even sold over 200,000 last I checked and was nominated for jack shit despite being praised up and down throughout the music world. I will admit MBDTF was better, but it’s damn near criminal how much this album was overlooked. It really sets a high bar for what Andre brings to the table.

If you haven’t checked the album out, PLEASE do so! There’s something for just about everyone to enjoy.

Also it’s my birthday, so b-day wishes are appreciated. Much love to you guys. :)

October 24th, 2013
MFVoltron's photo

Sir Luscious Left Food

I think you meant foot?

October 24th, 2013

Shit! Haha damn. @MFVoltron Well that’s embarrassing.

October 24th, 2013

I typed a lot of this in a hurry to be honest, so I know I probably misspelled other things in here. @MFVoltron

October 24th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

All praises due to Daddy Fat Stacks, can’t say I was much for Sir Luscious Left Foot but Speakerboxx still bumps on constant repeat.

Happy birthday to you as well big pimpin'.

October 24th, 2013

@Hellblazer
Thanks fam! And yeah, Speakerboxxx is definitely a solid CD, but I can’t count it as his debut completely; it had a lot of input from Andre into it. :P I feel like Sir Luscious Left FOOT was more of what Big Boi really wanted to do with his musical direction to me, for better or worse.

October 24th, 2013

great fking album

October 24th, 2013
Teebird's photo

9.3/10 album personal classic

October 24th, 2013
Stelio's photo

Amazing album, favorite songs:

Fo Yo Sorrows
Be Still
Follow Us

This is a personal classic for me, and makes me very nostalgic and shit.

October 24th, 2013
RTJII's photo

Outtrash thread

smh

October 24th, 2013

@RTJII
Sorry if this wasn’t enough Canibus-y for you. I’ll remember that next time just for you, bruh.

October 24th, 2013
Teebird's photo

Shine Blockas >>>>

:whew:

October 24th, 2013

dude fuck i didnt even read that part about it being your birthday happy birthday my niqqa

October 24th, 2013

Hey baby
You’re in my system

October 24th, 2013

I was listening to it the other day like damn I really slept on this. The train and hustle blood goes hard definitely a dope album that got overlooked because of other releases that year

October 24th, 2013