Need criticism on my new mixtape (ft K RINO) :D I want all, positive AND negative

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/l-oquence-class-president-presented-by-therootmusic-mixtape.100086.html I put a lot of effort into this, I’m a 16 year old rapper lookin to improve in anyway possible and want all input,

November 2nd, 2013

The lyrics are kinda weak on the first track.
But man you have a great flow.
Decent multis.
Try changing up your flow and voice every now and then.

November 2nd, 2013
MC_Jmoney's photo

How did you get a K-Rino feature?

November 2nd, 2013

Damn, you got K-rino, that’s pretty crazy.

Well, most of the time I liked your flow, I noticed that occasionally you’d try to condense too many words with long syllables that didn’t rhyme which isn’t a big deal, but if you can avoid that you’ll flow even better.

But that’s me just nitpicking, this was actually pretty damn amazing and I’ll be downloading this project onto my iPod it’s that good.

Keep at it!

Keep experimenting with different types and styles of beats, different flows, etc.

One of the few mixtapes from RG I actually dig!

November 2nd, 2013

K rino? Well Ik a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy basically :p preciate the help everyone :) if you like it recommending it to friends helps too :D

November 2nd, 2013
HadiHype's photo

Your voice reminds me so much of Wax!
Only really did skim through, but can I just applaud you on sticking to 12 tracks, sick of so many of these projects people put out having 20+ tracks. Aint nobody got time for that.

From what I listened to. The flow on Old School seemed a little forced, and the hook was kinda meh. I really didn’t like the beat selection on the tracks I listened too, but thats just me.

The subject matter wasn’t brain dead, so props for that, and also the fact that you called your tape Class President and actually talked about school etc, I like it when artists do that. A few cliche lines like “opinions are like assholes everybody’s got one”, which I didn’t really care for.

On the audio side of things, whilst it isn’t the best quality mixing wise, it isn’t as bad as some of the shit people post here — sounding like the recorded their songs with an Xbox Kinect microphone, it definitely could be better, and you are just going to have to continue learning how to make the most out of your home studio setup.

Goodluck!

November 2nd, 2013
CeQuenCe's photo

L-Oquence………… you ever rap battle? I remember your name from somewhere… hhmm

November 2nd, 2013
CeQuenCe's photo

Is this you? :http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=879684

If it is I know you lol

November 2nd, 2013

Lol no I just started rappin not too long ago. But apparently this is a common name. :p

November 2nd, 2013

You got the lyrics up on Rap Genius yet?

November 2nd, 2013

thats a good idea no i havennt

November 2nd, 2013

Bump

November 3rd, 2013

Bump

November 3rd, 2013

Hmm rg. Anyone willing to give me more advice?

November 3rd, 2013
Novus's photo

K Ono?! nice. You gota soundcloud or YT?

November 3rd, 2013