Upcoming rappers that are getting too much hype?

Who are they to you?

January 30th, 2012

Mac Miller, Tyler The Creator, Lil B (that’ll end up in some ICP shit some day)

January 30th, 2012

I made a post about this not long ago, I said Hopsin is getting too much hype.

January 30th, 2012
Shaneee's photo

A$AP rocky is getting way too much to me.. I don’t like his music at all.

Kendrick is getting too much as well. Don’t get me wrong he’s definitely good just not THAT good.. like people are acting like he’s the best technical and lyrical rapper out there(when that’s FAR FAR from the truth). People just act like he’s the GOAT already or something it’s crazy.. simply because his music has a bit of substance. Also he has a complete lack of Charisma and NEVER gets knocked for that when there’s other rappers I know of get knocked for that and that alone. Oh well though.

It seems the REALLY most skilled coming up artists are the ones that aren’t getting enough unfortunately.

January 30th, 2012

I agree that Kendrick isn’t the greatest, but section 80 is a really good album. In part because of the production. I like how his tracks are put together though, not just the lyrics and the substance. I’m a huge Mac Miller fan but the last tape and the debut album was horrible.

January 30th, 2012

Kendrick Lamar. People are saying this dude is the future GOAT, I can barely think of anything more eye-rollingly ridiculous than that. For real, I fuck with like three songs on Section.80. Now, to be fair, that’s mostly because of the beats and hooks, but Kendrick doesn’t do all that much to increase my opinion of it. He uses a really laid back flow, that often just sounds lazy and boring to me (kinda annoying trend in mainstream hip hop, Cole and Wiz have the same problem imo), and while his lyrics are good, they aren’t anything amazing. He’s a good technical story-teller but none of his stories are particularly interesting. Idk, he’s obviously not bad, but the way people hype him I expected a lot more, and I definitely expected way, way more from S.80.

January 30th, 2012
Stratton's photo

J. Cole

As for Tyler, the Creator I think there are alot more people hate him than people that like him.

Personally, I enjoy his music.

January 30th, 2012

Hopsin? I mean his first album was dope, but people just stan his second one like it’s the greatest thing ever.

January 30th, 2012
Utters's photo

I hate Hopsin. He can spit really well, but his music is just bad to me. I don’t see why anyone likes it. And he sounds like a 14-year-old white girl to me.

But one who doesn’t seem to get enough hype unless it’s among heads is Big Krizzle. His flow is sooooo sick, his voice is amazing, his beats are banging, he can write party songs AND in depth storytelling songs, he has great lyricism, he has great voice inflection and charisma, there just isn’t anything I don’t like about dude.

I definitely think he has better substance, and an all around better style than K.Dot, even though I’m a huge fan of Section.80

January 30th, 2012
ApeVigoda's photo

Supermotherfuckingvillain….on point. Kendrick is strait. I fuck with his old shit, and his buzzed fizzled when he made C4 to me. I just stopped caring and he got boring. Training Day (I justrecently listened to it, haven’t in years. Shit rides.) and the tape he did with Jay Rock, where I think he got out shined by Jay Rock. Section80 isn’t that special to me, but I wasn’t in awe or anything. It’s a strait album, alot better than the stuff that comes out now, but it ain’t no bonafide classic and Kendrick isn’t the “savior” of West Coast rap….honestly if Hopsin got off his weirdness and stopped crying about everyone else’s fame he’s be WAY better than Kendrick.

January 30th, 2012
BigNICKYD's photo

Any rapper that just sounds BORING on the mic (Mac Miller, Tyga, A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Wale).

January 30th, 2012
Wu-Pac's photo

Machine Gun Kelly and Mac Miller. MGK isn’t that big, but he doesn’t deserve any hype at all since he has no talent.

January 30th, 2012

You only like A$AP if you party. If you don’t like his music let it be, don’t hate. Wale got way too much hype. Ambition wasn’t even good.

January 30th, 2012

Tyler, The Creator
MBK (Machine Bum Kelly)
Whack Miller

I love A$AP because some of the stuff he puts out is just laid back and I don’t party much. Kendrick is a bit overrated now but I feel he has potential to be one of the best. I loved Section 80. I wish that Ab-Soul would get the same attention, his flow is too unique. I agree that Hopsin does need to quit whining about the success of others. Dude makes music that appeals to an underground audience. He was removed from my playlist for that reason. It’s annoying.

January 30th, 2012
Stelio's photo

Big K.R.I.T. don’t get me wrong i like some of his songs and i think he’s doing the south justice, but people are overrating him.

January 30th, 2012