What Modern Rappers Will Be Legends?

HGS245's photo

I was just wondering what rappers let’s say since the 2000’s that you think will be remembered as legends and some of the best rappers ever?

November 18th, 2013

Kendrick has the potiental, Eminem & Ye defintely. IDk about any others, maybe Ab-Soul.

November 18th, 2013

Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T. , Lupe Fiasco, J Cole, Ab-Soul

November 18th, 2013
Sense's photo

Kendrick
Drake (He will be, admit it)
Lupe Fiasco
Blu (Will be an underground legend for sure)
J. Cole
Kid Cudi
Pusha T (Because of Clipse)

I would say Wale but he’s gotta stop with this MMG bullcrap he’s been spitting & get back to being a wizard.

November 18th, 2013

Joey Bada$$

November 18th, 2013
HGS245's photo

IMO I’d say Eminem and Kanye (obviously), Kendrick I’m sure will be and probably Lupe, Lil Wayne (like it or not, he will be), ectt and probably a few underground legends. I don’t think people like 50, T.I., Game, Drake, ect will be forgotten either due to how big they were/are in music. I could name some other good rappers like J. Cole, but I don’t think they are unique enough to be real legends.

November 18th, 2013
SavvyRJA's photo

10-15 years down the line based on theire previous projects and talent i think these will all be legendary, some of which are already.

MF DOOM
Kendrick Lamar
Lupe Fiasco
Eminem
Kanye West
Big KRIT
Tyler The Creator
Joey Badass
Chance The Rapper
Kid Cudi
Drake
Pusha T
Ab-Soul

Artists like these i wouldnt be sure on yet,
Earl Sweatshirt
Childish Gambino
Danny Brown
Mac Miller

November 18th, 2013

@SavvyRJA with that list you might aswell just name every rapper with some buzz or hype right now.

November 18th, 2013
AlbinoAce's photo

It’s no surprise that Kendrick will be a legend. Love him or hate him you can’t deny it.

Eminem is already a legend.
Ye is already a legend.
K.R.I.T will definitely be one, dude is passed talent.
Lupe is a no brainer, name somebody else who can write what he can. Exactly.
Drake. Even if you don’t like him, the guy does have a good flow when he wants to.
Ab-Soul…duh.

November 18th, 2013
SavvyRJA's photo

Do you see Meek Mill,2 Chainz,Macklemore,Logic,J.Cole,Schoolboy Q,Action Bronson,Hopsin,Kid Ink,Vic Mensa,XV,B.o.B on my list? (i can keep going if you like)

Oh you don’t? oh ok then.

November 18th, 2013

The ones you want. It’s an opinion after all. There are no rap legends in my opinion.

November 18th, 2013
FanaHOVA's photo

Kanye, Drake, Kendrick.

/thread

Eminem is not a 2000s rapper, he released Infinite in 1996.

November 18th, 2013
0neLove's photo

Eminem & Ye defintely

They are already legends and are both contenders for top 10 of all time.

November 18th, 2013

Bun B

November 18th, 2013
Sense's photo

Honestly, I think Joey Bada$$ has to step up if he wants to be considered a legend.
I feel that ‘1999’ was way better than ‘Summer Knights.’ I’m anxious to hear his new album to see what he’s really capable of.

November 18th, 2013