Review So Far Gone, track by track

A-F scale for each track. Which ones did you like or dislike? Sound off.

December 2nd, 2013

Just as an example, I’ll do mine. I honestly think Best I Ever Had, Successful, Fear, and I’m Goin in are the best tracks. Overall, the mixtape is very good and could even count for an album with how well it was pulled off.
Best I Ever Had was obviously a radio hit, and it’s something girls would be into also, so he’s obviously expanding his fanbase here with this one (as opposed to other MCs who just stay narrow minded).
I’m Goin In is one of those club type songs. It’s not nearly as good as his verses on Poppin Bottles, Money to Blow, or I’m On One but still good
Fear and Successful are some of the deepest work that he’s done yet.
Overall, I give the album a B+

December 2nd, 2013

I personally think Young Money is holding him back and Kanye should be his mentor, not Lil Wayne. Kanye made the landscape Drake is playing in right now.

December 2nd, 2013

I’m just also gonna put down my analysis of his 3 albums here as well.
THANK ME LATER
It’s very underrated as compared to his other work, but here he’s growing on what he did well on So Far Gone. The stand out tracks are Miss Me, Find Your Love, Light Up, and Over.
Over and Light Up are very deep and introspective, and that’s when Drake is at his best. Miss Me is this album’s I’m Goin In, and he kills it (don’t really like the Wayne verse there). Find Your Love is this album’s Best I Ever Had, and it’s obvious that Kanye has influenced Drake here (he even produced the track). Overall, this is a great album. A-
TAKE CARE
Drake improves even more, and gets deeper. The stand out tracks are The Motto, Take Care, Underground Kings, Buried Alive, and Headlines. Take Care is one of those mainly R&B tracks and it’s terrific. The Motto is a great club songs and had an impact in our culture and society today (YOLO). Underground Kings and Headlines are two deep songs that Drake goes into. He’s not even in Buried Alive, but that was the world’s introduction to Kendrick Lamar and it’s fantastic. This album gets an A- but Drake is obviously getting better and is a true talent.
NOTHING WAS THE SAME
Ok, it’s good. However…it’s just not as good as his 3 previous works. The stand out tracks are Started From the Bottom, All Me, and Hold On We’re Going Home. Those tracks are very radio oriented but they’re not as good as his ones before. I just don’t see how this is an improvement from Take Care (which was a great album). Personally, I think it’s a B.

December 2nd, 2013
D.R.C's photo

The stand out tracks are Started From the Bottom, All Me, and Hold On We’re Going Home.

So you only listened to the radio singles ?

The Language, Tuscan Leather , Furthest Thing, Connect, Come Thru, Own It , WuTang, Worst ?

Like SFTB and All Me aren’t as good as none of these

December 2nd, 2013
RDM's photo

IM grading easy

Lust for life- C
Houstalantavegas- b+
Successful- b-
lets call it off- c-
November 18- b
Ignorant shit- A-
A night off- d
Say whats real- A-
A little bit- d+
Best i ever had-A-
Unstoppable- A
Uptown-A
Sooner than later- B
Bria interlude- B
The Calm- A probably the best song on the joint
Brand New- B
Congratulation- B

Not that much of fan of drake now but i was a pretty big fan in middle school Coming from a former fan this is Overall A good album. Probably his 3rd best piece of work imo. 1. comeback season 2. Take care 3. this.

December 2nd, 2013

You have a point there. Lyrically yes, but musically I guess they’ll grow on me? Idk

December 2nd, 2013

I came into this year as a huge Drake fan and he let me down a bit, tbh

December 2nd, 2013

@zyoung11 What’d you think of his remix of Kick Push? I thought it was good, and it actually fit in with the song.

December 2nd, 2013

Drake and Lupe were my favorite MCs coming into 2013, but after NWTS, it’s now Lupe, Kendrick, and Em. Drake’s like fourth

December 2nd, 2013

80% of the posts in this thread are from the same person lmao

gonna give my ratings in a minute

December 2nd, 2013

Lust for life — B+
Houstalantavegas — A
Successful — A
lets call it off — B
November 18 — A
Ignorant shit — A+
A night off — B+
Say whats real — C+