MCHG vs MMLP2

lilhook27's photo

Oddly enough this comparison hasn’t been made. For me personally MCHG takes the cake. I really love the production and Hov will give a classic Hov line now and then.

December 9th, 2013

MMLP2

December 9th, 2013
Messages's photo

yeah gonna have to say MMLP2

December 9th, 2013
December 9th, 2013
Mockery's photo

MMLP2 for me. Eminem really showed he still has it with this album. His rhyming and his flows are better than ever and his subject matter shows maturity and growth, but he still manages to maintain his cartoony, over the top content as well.

I’m biased, however. I’ve heard two songs off of MCHG — Holy Grail and FuckwitmeyouknowIgotit. Holy Grail, awesome. FuckwitmeyouknowIgotit, terrible. I love Jay-Z so I definitely plan on checking the album out still once I get the chance.

December 9th, 2013
iaLm's photo

MMLP2, although both were pretty average albums.

December 9th, 2013
lilhook27's photo

Production: MCHG
Lyricism: Slight edge to MMLP2
Flow:MCHG
Singles:really? Hov is the king at releasing good singles
Overall Sound:MCHG I haven’t had the motivation to listen to MMLP2 again

December 9th, 2013

@lilhook27, that’s actually pretty funny, I’ve only listened to MCHG twice through. Now I can only stand like a little over half of the tracks, nor enjoy more than half. I actually have not listened to the album in like 1 or 2 months now.

December 9th, 2013

I prefer mmlp 2 but it’s always nice to get another Em and Jay album

December 9th, 2013

mackleMMLP2 is mackleeasily better than that Jay mackleZ trash

December 9th, 2013

MMLP2. MCHG wins on production quality, but nothing else. MMLP2 is actually my personal favorite Eminem album — not his actual best, but the one I’m most likely to listen to all the way through

December 9th, 2013

I honestly feel so weird because I think I’m the only one who prefers the MMLP2 production over MCHG production. Or who actually enjoys the MMLP2 production for that matter.

December 9th, 2013

@Illest_Son I actually feel you somewhat. I didn’t have any real problems with the production on MMLP2, I just thought production was the only real strong suit on MCHG

December 9th, 2013
HMN's photo

MMLP2 wasn’t even good lyrically. His verses put me to sleep with his generic lyrical miracle rhymes on every track.

It was so refreshing to hear some of the guest appearances to break up the monotony. 4/10 album

MCHG is a solid 7.5-8

December 9th, 2013
prebby's photo

Of what I’ve heard, MMLP2. It perfectly captures how he’s grown up as a person and how everything has changed throughout all of the struggles that he has faced throughout his life. But I can’t say this for sure because I’ve only heard about half of MCHG. I wasn’t feeling it though which was disappointing as a HOVA fan.

December 9th, 2013