1999 and Rejex vs Blue Chips 1 and 2

DocChakra's photo

Haven’t heard any of them in their entirety except for 1999 which may lead me to bias that Joey is better, but my friend is beyond convinced Blue Chips 1 and 2 top Joey’s mixtapes so I just wanted to give this problem to the RG community.

What 2 mixtapes are better?

December 10th, 2013

I like Bronson more than Joey, but idk which tapes are objectively better. Probably 1999, but I really like both Blue Chips. Bronson has so much charisma

December 10th, 2013

It depends, but as far as pure lyricism goes (which is what I assume you mean since you’re asking RG) I believe Joey has the edge

December 10th, 2013
CJ2's photo

No doubt Joey Bad

December 10th, 2013
AKNC17's photo

got sick of class, started making classics

yup

December 10th, 2013
DocChakra's photo

Well I think it’s so close not only because of what they’re rapping but the fact they’re both diverse and unique in what beats they use.
Joey will use old DOOM and Dilla beats while staying in-house with Chuck Strangers and Kirk Knight which is tight since Joey gives off the 90’s vibe. While Bronson seems to choose beats that will keep you intrigued the whole time he is rapping. I almost want to hear what he is rapping over more than what he’s rapping about. You can’t go wrong with either but I think it’s close

December 10th, 2013
TedMosby's photo

you’re trying to figure out which of the mixtapes are better and instead of actually listening to them, you made a thread asking what other people think

December 10th, 2013
DocChakra's photo

@TedMosby
“Haven’t heard any of them in their entirety except…”

Entirety is a beautiful word that means I have listened to it but not all of it

December 10th, 2013
TedMosby's photo

oh so you don’t listen to music, you just skim through it? gotcha

December 10th, 2013
DocChakra's photo

@TedMosby So if the whole mixtape is on my phone, yet one song comes up in shuffle, I owe it to you and the music world to stop what i’m doing and listen to it all in that moment and time. That makes sense, I should probably whip out my fucking notepad and write down my thoughts of every song on the mixtape so that I can do you and the musical world justice because if I did anything else that’d be stupid right?

December 10th, 2013