What can J cole do to be on Drake and Kendricks level?

im not saying cole is wack he is fire but when i listen to his music it dont give me the same excitement as k dot or a drizzy track

December 15th, 2013

rap better

December 15th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

rap about interesting subject matter
Never suck another rapper’s cock again
stop making radio friendly tracks for niggas that claim to hate drake
inb4 my verbal ak slay faggots
but srs, nigga needs to step his lyrics up
btw never jack an outkast beat again like he’s on their level

December 15th, 2013
Nasir's photo

December 15th, 2013

Starve himself

December 15th, 2013
Flowmatic's photo

Ask jigga for Pharrell an Timbalands number .

December 15th, 2013
The Act's photo

Spose’s Dankonia probably gon' piss you off.

Alllllll Outkast instrumentals.

@Hellblazer

December 15th, 2013
RDM's photo

stop making lines about poop

December 15th, 2013

Leave Roc Nation and go to a label which supports unique albums with integrity, rather than ones that’ll rake in the cash. I remember how in Decoded, Jay said to the Roots that they should worry about making a first album that’s a great Roots album, rather than a radio one; he’s not like that anymore. If J Cole went to a better label, maybe he could make another Friday Night Lights without being pressured to make radio songs. Then, he could be on K. Dot’s level.

December 15th, 2013

Also, did you just say that Drake was on Kendrick’s level??

December 15th, 2013
Hellblazer's photo

@The_Act

Don’t really care about a bandcamp mixtape paying homage to one of the greats. I care about straight jacking a beat, completely aware of where you took the beat from yet not even paying homage to the original on a major studio release of all.

December 15th, 2013

Such a negative thread, how can you even ask such a question

King Cole is light years ahead of Kendrick and Drake, his rapping and production is straight outta heaven. King Cole is what Tupac would have become had he not been killed. King Cole doesn’t need to make tracks for excitement, it doesn’t stop him from dropping consistent classic content.

The Come Up CLASSIC, The Warm Up CLASSIC, FNL CLASSIC, Sideline story CLASSIC, Born WINNER CLASSIC

King Cole >>>>

December 15th, 2013

He’s corny a lot, and he dickrides Jay-Z and Nas so much I usually can’t stand him.

All he really needs to do is stop trying to be the next Nas or the next Jay-Z and start trying to make some fucking interesting music with his own style. He’s mad derivative if you ask me.

And I’ve heard him spit some dope shit, but whenever he’s on some ‘I’m underrated’ or ‘I’m so lucky I made it’ shit I lose interest immediately. Just don’t give a fuck at all man, like just be dope, I don’t care that you made it or that ‘everyone was sleeping so long but now that I’m signed they know I’m the real deal Jay-Z is great’ like just rap man nobody care bout any of that shit.

December 15th, 2013
Barrk's photo

you just made a thread saying drake and kendrick suck

December 15th, 2013
twrocks's photo

J Cole needs to rap about something interesting. Born Sinner was really underwhelming because nothing really stood out. The lyrics were corny and I just got bored.

December 15th, 2013