Who has the best work ethic in the game?

OlderGods's photo

Who do you think works the hardest on their music right now?

inb4 2Pac, NO he doesn’t count.

I’d say Kendrick was one of the first names I thought of, who you think?

December 17th, 2013

Weezy

/thread

Knock his talent all you want but his relentless mixtape hustle is what put him where he is today, and he ran rap in the late 2000’s and has a massively successful roster for a reason.

December 17th, 2013

2chainz tbh watch his interviews

December 17th, 2013
RyanIsNice's photo

Can’t /thread without giving Mac Miller a proper honorable mention.

December 17th, 2013
Barrk's photo

December 17th, 2013
RyanIsNice's photo

tfw soulja boy’s best line is “I’m like a fire hydrant, I bring the hoes out”

December 17th, 2013

kendrick

kanye

tyler the creator (seriously his videos and shit)

childish gambino? that script doe.

December 17th, 2013
RyanIsNice's photo

Yeah Gambino, Ye, and Tyler all have mad work ethic. They rap, produce, direct, act…. hell yeah. I don’t think Kendrick works as hard or often as these 3, though. He is my personal favorite of the bunch.

When it comes to straight rapping though… Wayne by a long shot. Then Mac Miller. They put out dozens of songs a year.

December 17th, 2013

2Pac

December 17th, 2013

7 day theory in 3 days, all eyez on me in 2 weeks, me against the world in one month or less. come on, no one will ever top that

December 17th, 2013
A1_Day's photo

Guys who rap, produce and have full (or close to full) creative control of their videos/vision. That means Ye, Tyler, Gambino mostly.

December 17th, 2013
A1_Day's photo

I mean Gambino raps, produces his own shit, acts, does his own videos, etc the list goes on. Same with Yeezus and Tyler except the acting part.

December 17th, 2013

fuck outta here its def curren$y hands down
Put out a mixtap every single month for a year straight all quaility
and even after that year her drops more tapes than any rapper including this year and last fuck i think the year befor last as well. if you count his mixtapes he has one of the largest discogs of all times. bigger than wayne if im not mistakin but i could be wrong about that

December 17th, 2013
RyanIsNice's photo

@xstrikegundamn Curious to how big his discog is? Wayne’s is definitely over 1000 songs (I have 600 in my media player), and then allllll those features. Not saying bigger discog = more work ethic. Just wondering.

December 17th, 2013

tfw at one point I could have said MF DOOM

December 17th, 2013