That moment when I can't listen to Kanye in public without being told I no nothing about music.

Has this ever happened to someone? I’m on a bus ride and this guy I used to talk to in high school comes and sits next to me. We catch up a bit, he wasn’t listening to anything so I asked if he wanted to listen to Watch the Throne with me (I hadn’t listened to it in awhile). He instantly said No and went on to tell me that I have no musical tastes, that I’m what’s wrong with music, I just listen to music for catchiness instead of quality, and that rap is just “nigga nigga nigga.”

Ok look he didn’t have to listen too it or like what I like. But fuck man I was just being nice and he decides to treat me like I’m a fucking idoit. He then asked if wanted to listen too some ‘real music’ which was death metal of course. Despite what he did I politely said no and told him it’s just not my genre, as a kind of nice way to insult the way he reacted. Has any of this happened to you guys? Or am I in the wrong?

January 11th, 2014

*Know

January 11th, 2014
Barrk's photo

hes a dumbass hipster moron whiteboy 15 yro that likes shit death metal… never talk to him again

January 11th, 2014
DJx2's photo

This never happens to me. And even if it did, fuck ‘em. I’ll listen to whatever the hell I want. Don’t like it? Deal with it.

January 11th, 2014

just accept the fact that people think that hip hop is all about pussy and niggas
.lol hip hop is like the best music genre it’s on a different level…
Fools come back when you’re rock singers write what nas writes haha

i bet this piece of scum you were sitting on the bus with listens to so heavy metal crap or some boring shit involving nothing but solo guitar bullshit…zzzzz..

January 11th, 2014

im dead serious
Hip hop/rap is like on another world, nothing can compare to it.

January 11th, 2014
CH3's photo

Death metal is bottom tier rock music.

And that guy is not only a dick but a douchebag for thinking his somehow superior because he doesn’t listen to a particular genre.

January 11th, 2014

Death Metal sounds like chopped and screwed demonic orgasms. This happens when I listen to Flatbush Zombies. Some people can’t get past that their not exactly religious.

January 11th, 2014

most people beside rap genius think that about kanye, lil wayne ect.

January 11th, 2014

Tell him that death metal is a dead genre and that any respectable music listener/ cool person wouldn’t be a pretentious snob bitch over something that other people clearly enjoy.

January 11th, 2014

or tell him he’s a fuckboi, idk

January 11th, 2014

Some metal, or in this case death metal fans can be assholes, but most of them are cool
I know many metalheads and they are all cool with rap
Not fans but they don’t say stupid shit about it, they just don’t like that slow rhytm

January 11th, 2014

i bet he only likes eminem

January 11th, 2014
Jergnome's photo

cemented cac

January 11th, 2014

@Thatnicknameistaken He actually did say at Em is the only good rapper at one point.
@EasternAlien Agreed. Quite a few metal fans when they get older become more tolerant of other’s tastes. This guy is still stuck in the angisty 14 year old mentality of “EVERYONE’S MUSIC TASTE SUCK BT MINE!!!”

January 11th, 2014