Does Jay-Z " steal" Biggie's lines or does he " pay homage"?

Thoughts?

January 31st, 2014

steal

January 31st, 2014
Chop's photo

he pays homage. if anybody says otherwise, they’re hating.

January 31st, 2014
Trane's photo

Jay is the kind of guy who would do anything for succes. He defenitly stole stuff

January 31st, 2014

I think it’s a matter of perspective, to be honest. You have both sides claiming the opposite of each other, and how you look at it decides how you decipher how Hov sporadically goes about using BIG’s lines.

Personally, I believe he has bit a few lines maybe to garner somewhat more attention to the specific track(s) he did so on, and of course you have the infamous video of this, but again, the matter of perception dictates one’s opinion.

January 31st, 2014
TwoTecs's photo

steals; Nas told us.

January 31st, 2014

He steals the lines. He does, and if you cant see that you are not being honest with yourself. Does this make him necessarily bad in any way, no, but look at it honestly, he used his mentor’s lines to boost up his own work once big was gone. He didnt do it for big, he did it because he wanted to use the lines, for him. That said, he has plenty of good lines and songs and albums himself, and I give him a pass.

January 31st, 2014
Mairick's photo

He uses biggie lines as the same reason as everyone else would, he would especially pay homage since he knew the guy. some of y'all are dumb tbh

January 31st, 2014

jay z does this to every rapper he admires

January 31st, 2014
HMN's photo

I think the real problem is, why would he take lines from a vastly inferior rapper?

January 31st, 2014
Trane's photo

I think the real problem is, why would he take lines from a vastly inferior rapper?

We are talking about Biggie not Lil Wayne

January 31st, 2014
TwoTecs's photo

January 31st, 2014
HMN's photo

@Trane Wow, the always-original “Lil Wayne sucks” response.

How long did it take you to come up with that one buddy?

January 31st, 2014

HOMAGE

January 31st, 2014

both jay and biggie better than lil wayne so @Trane got a point

January 31st, 2014