Could anyone else have pulled off a Yeezus type album?

I was thinking that today. Could any other artist bring the intensity he brought over those kinds of beats( except for Death Grips of course)?

February 5th, 2014

El-P could give it a go

February 5th, 2014

right now? naw, in the future? yes

February 5th, 2014

hes probably the only one in “hiphop” that has the creativity/balls to go and make a product like yeezus, hes always been one to kind of test the waters so to speak. idk what intensity you mean?

February 5th, 2014

@wheresAretard screaming on I am a God and Black Skinhead. He sounded pissed off on New Slaves. That intensity.

February 5th, 2014

@FalseHeroKO but who?

February 5th, 2014

clipping’s midcity was pretty interesting and reminding of yeezus cause
1There was a minimal element(from some good beats to no beats at all)
2it was unique
3it sold less than j cole

February 5th, 2014

@ChicagoFan yes i think many other artists could have brought that same intensity. probably not over those beats but the intensity level isnt something i imagine that would be hard to bring. those beats really do fit him though.

February 5th, 2014

really i dont know lol i wanna see like how far a rapper can evolve to the point where they could make a yeezus

like 808s and heartbreak influenced dudes like drake, cudi, etc.
To make that type of music now.

i think were to that point with yeezus
just nobody has yet to put out that type of music.

see what im saying or nah? lol

February 5th, 2014
Dillinger's photo

Could any other artist bring the intensity he brought over those kinds of beats
Hes probably the only one in “hiphop” that has the creativity/balls to go and make a product like yeezus
right now? naw, in the future? yes

Y'all are literally denying the existence of a whole that is Industrial Hip-Hop and act like Kanye invented rapping over beats that embrace elements of Noise/Drone music and Industrial, get off his dick already

February 5th, 2014
Mairick's photo

what about Travi$ Scott, & Kid Cudi? they both have a dark style of production.

February 5th, 2014

@Dillinger who else has done this style and been in the forefront of rap? or why the fuck didnt i know about this shit until kanye did it? if the style was really going to be popular then why did kanye get all the attention over it?

February 5th, 2014
Snappp's photo

flatbush zombies if they replace weed for meth & cocaine

February 5th, 2014
Lampz's photo

Yes.

February 5th, 2014
Pieville's photo

I could see MF DOOM (Or at least a new persona) pulling of an album like Yeezus, he’s always been one of the more creative producers out there.

February 5th, 2014