Nas - Ether (The Original Version) Leaked (Deep Lyrical Shit!)

M1C's photo

READ EVERYTHING HERE DEEP SHIT

Apparently the original version of “Ether” made by Nas, was much more agressive and harsher than the one we have all heard. And obviously it has even better lines than the original.

Because Colombia asked him up to 3 times to edit the songs, that is probably the big reason why in certain points of Ether sounds like Nas is filling in spaces with saying things like “cock a fella” and “gay-Z”. I don’t know first hand but this all makes sense because it seems that he was replacing those words with something he had to take out.

And Colombia is probably the reason why people who think “Takeover” is better, constantly bring up the “gay” and “cock” lines that Nas slightly over did it with to make it seem like he lost the battle.

Anyway here is an interview from Fat Joe before Ether was released in 2001 addressing lyrics that were cut from the original song:

AHH: One thing that just came up today, Nas apparently has a response to Jay Z’s “The Takeover” on his upcoming album, which implicates you and Pun and includes the lyrics: “Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon that night in Carbon when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron tried to front on their checks till Pun put a gun to your chest.”

Fat Joe: We gotta hear it but damn, what a way to put me right in the middle of the beef huh? We don’t comment on that, that’s old news. Like I said all the negative energy all that sht you can throw that out the window.
Nas is crazy. No question that we are allies with Nas Escobar. We love Nas. I almost named my son after Nas. As far as him and Jay Z with the beef: that’s they stuff. Until somebody tries to involve me in that sh
t, that’s it. I ain’t got no problem with the whole Rocafella. It’s well documented. Everybody keeps trying to get me to talk about that sh*t in every interview. Why don’t they ask Jay Z that stuff? I read his interveiws, nobody asks him. If you interview him, ask him.

Verse 1:

So you call yourself god mc… J-hova\
drunk the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
youre a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\ I was the sheperd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\ mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\ you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\ another case of a boy and his teacher\ I was the first to poison your speakers\ so kill all that noise that your preaching\ I understand\ all your plans to underhand\ aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\ let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\ she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\ but thats another subject homey\ ***** you phony\
Im coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\ so what you capitlized... only cause i allowed\ Im taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
“Who said I that i aint still nasty”

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
Dont need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\ claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and youre not familiar\
call yourself gansta but you were begging for pardon\
that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
YOu said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
Dont need to search for some dirt to expose you\ I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\ This is it Im calling ya\ come out and play like “warriors”\
studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
f*ck skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

sorry about the small texts, formats and shit from the OP.

I still prefer the “Ether” over this.

April 7th, 2012
Screv6's photo

What is your source?

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

there is no source for this? I actually found it while I was on Nas RapGenius page. A poster posted it under one of Nas explantions videos and wanted him to explain it hahaha.

This shit is more crazy than Jay Electronica album released!!!

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

http://rapgenius.com/Nas

Scroll all the way down to his page.

There are other forums that have posted this leaked version as well.

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

Also from the Rapper Cuban Linx about the beef between Jay Z and Big Pun.

“Actually, the Roc-A-Fella shit, it was a little brawl. It was some business negotiations that went sour,” he told ThisIs50 Radio. “Jay-Z was supposed to perform for 15 G’s or something like that, and it was like some street niggas that we knew that hired him. He didn’t go and perform. He just showed up.”

The two camps met at a label to settle the discrepancy, but Hov brought along some children to make sure that no shots rang out. “All I remember was Jay-Z doing the Matrix in the room by the couch, and Pun chasing him,” he said. “Joe talking shit. The pressure was definitely put on. I love Jay.”

Haha funny shit. This is getting deep.

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

^ Which Nas is referring to when he is talking about

“that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest”

April 7th, 2012
Screv6's photo

I’d love to see Nas comment on this

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

Same here. But I doubt he will. Nas and Jay Z are like best friends now.

Still Would be Amazing to see Nas discuss this.

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zu2o7J8nCvw

Video Of Cuban Linx talking about Jay Z getting punked by Big Pun and terror squad

BTW how da fuck did Big Pun get so fat after looking like this?

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

starts @ 5:12 the Video

April 7th, 2012
Stelio's photo

Seems legit.

April 7th, 2012
JCalvin's photo

too bad this still sucks and jay z still wins. nice try tho nas stans

April 7th, 2012
M1C's photo

@lIGHTOFTRUTH

Yeah I knew this story was 100% real simply because I remember Nas saying he had to change up Ether several times because the label wasn’t feeling it.

April 7th, 2012
GOATmaybe's photo

@JustAnotherKidd
In his documentary they explain that he used to go walking everywhere and didn’t have a car to drive in. Then he won a court case which gave him quite a bit of money which he spent on a car and an obsession with fast food.

April 7th, 2012