I’m bumping this because this was posted on the RG FB page and I dont think I’ve seen this thread before…

People like to say that he was “making stuff up” in Ether and Takeover was based on facts. I don’t necessarily believe that, but if he had released this instead, people wouldn’t have had that gripe with it.

I will say that this is more in the mold of Takeover. This is a pretty good diss, but it wouldn’t have revived Nas' career like Ether (the one that was released) did. Ether was just so mean and vicious…it was pure destruction. So I think it all worked out for Nas in the end.

September 26th, 2013
wu-nas's photo

Can we start annotate it ?

September 26th, 2013

ok, those sound like some hard hittin bars. type of “shit that make your soul burn slow.” but i would have appreciated if had leaked the original track and not just text that Fuck knows where they came from. all the same i still think nas won and Jay still gets nightmares from that shit!!

September 26th, 2013

@wu-nas Is it up? If not be my guest to copy and paste that into a lyric page and get tating

September 26th, 2013

Jay Z became more successful after Ether

Nas went into debt after Ether

sad but true, just sayin…

The only MC to truly destroy another rappers career (that i can remember) is Eminem.

September 26th, 2013
iRUBEN's photo

^^ I believe 50 pretty much ended Ja Rule’s career too

September 26th, 2013
wu-nas's photo

yeah I can do that when I will have the time, maybe tomorrow

September 27th, 2013

bump

October 20th, 2013

why does this thread need to be bumped?

October 20th, 2013