Personal Opinions

KingCole's photo

What is your deepest darkest hip-hop related opinion? Something that you think to yourself deep down inside, but would never post it or say it aloud because your opinion will get attacked/downvoted so horribly, and you just don’t want to deal with all the bullshit so you keep it to yourself. Here’s your chance to let your opinions fly without repercussions. (Hoping the RG fam complys and doesn’t attack people/downvote for their opinions)
I’ll start:

J Cole is already top 5 OAT

Born Sinner >>>>>>>> GKMC

Tupac is BORING

February 23rd, 2014
Siiindigo's photo

Fuck outta here .

February 23rd, 2014
HMN's photo

Gucci Mane is top 10 of all time
Tupac and Biggie are both mediocre
Lil Wayne is the greatest of all time

February 23rd, 2014

Gosh, I feel like I’m coming out of the closet with this one.

Well uh…

Hopsin, in my opinion, is one of the best to ever rap.

February 23rd, 2014
RawTune's photo

J Cole is already top 5 OAT

Ok that’s your preference, i can respect and understand that

Born Sinner >>>>>>>> GKMC

Cosign, couldn’t agree more

Tupac is Boring

Wtf? Boring, really boring? And how is J Cole not compared to 2pac?

February 23rd, 2014
KingCole's photo

@JasonJimmyMortimer We got a good thing going here. Please don’t ruin it. You can come in and say soulja boy is GOAT, NO REPERCUSSIONS

February 23rd, 2014

tupac is boring
Schoolboy is better to listen to than kendrick

February 23rd, 2014
KingCole's photo

@RawTune I mean he is one of the greatest lyricists OAT Imo. But his subject matter was just repetitive to me. Maybe I need to look into his discography more.

February 23rd, 2014
HanzDown's photo

IceJJFish the greatest MC of all time.

Flow 10/10
Lyrics 10/10
Production 10/10
Dance Skills 10/10

February 23rd, 2014
RawTune's photo

@KingCole Please do. 2pac raps over a broad range of topics, and his raps range from hard gangsta shit, to inspiring shit, controversial shit, to thought provoking shit, to deep shit, depressing shit etc. All types of shit.

February 23rd, 2014

-Isaiah Rashad is an extremely close second to Kendrick, when it comes to ranking the rappers on TDE.

-Danny Brown is the best spitter to come out of Detroit

-Elmatic>>Illmatic

February 23rd, 2014
RDM's photo

Eminem is the most overrated artist of all time

Kid cudi is the most innovated rapper of this generation

Thank me later is better than Take Care

February 23rd, 2014

Hmmm opinions about rap that I’m too embarrassed to share

I’m gonna get downvoted for this but…

1. If Hopsin had better production and didn’t have a tendency to be corny and pretentious with his lyrics, I think he could be a potential future goat.

But there are no signs that this will happen, so Hopsin probably won’t be.

1. I think J.Cole can really fucking rap. Not sure why he’s hated so much on this site.

2. I think Earl Sweatshirt is overrated and his album Doris was impossible for me to listen to.

3. I honestly think Drake is a mediocre rapper with a mediocre discography. I never say this because I’m afraid his fans will downvote me.

4. If Lil Wayne could be consistent with anything, he could have been one of the goats, but some of his projects and verses are just too ridiculous and they completely bring this down.

5. Jay-Z beat Nas when they had that beef.

February 23rd, 2014
CH3's photo

Chance The Rapper is overrated garbage.

Has a annoying as fk flow (inb4 its unique) and talks nonsense in his raps and has an annoying ad-lib that makes me want to pierce my ears when I hear it. (I’ve said this before I think)

Also Kanye is the most overrated rapper (not producer) of all time — his production is great but his rapping fluctuates between good and great. Also flow is weak.

February 23rd, 2014
RDM's photo

Even though I hate niggers I thoroughly enjoy rap

he had to go there

February 23rd, 2014