MMLP vs MBDTF

ReUps's photo

I think this is an interested debate. On one hand you have a lyrical masterpiece. Em in his prime. Enough quotables to make your head spin. Great storytelling, wordplay and technicality in rhymes.

On the other hand you have the magnum opus of Kanye’s discography. Maybe Hip-Hop production at it’s finest. The first Hip-Hop album that gave you a guitar solo w/ a Rick Ross verse right after. Completely cohesive and everything else wraps the album up in a perfect lil package.

Which do you prefer?

February 25th, 2014
iaLm's photo

February 25th, 2014

MBDTF I always liked creative stuff better idk why

February 25th, 2014

This goes for everything related to Eminem vs. Kanye

LYRICS/FLOW/MC

EVERYTHING ELSE

February 25th, 2014

Marshall Mathers LP was insane though. MMLP by a bit.

February 25th, 2014
XxXxXx's photo

MMlP Easy

February 25th, 2014

Is this really a question? MBDTF is the work of god…

February 25th, 2014

MMLP is lyrically superior.

February 25th, 2014
ReUps's photo

imo

February 25th, 2014

I feel like more people say MBDTF because MMLP dropped so long ago. But MMLP had some amazing shit that, imo, makes it the best rap album since the year 2000.

February 25th, 2014
ReUps's photo

@DanSolomon Not true.

If I put MBDTF vs. Illmatic or MBDTF vs. Life After Death pretty sure MBDTF would lose.

February 25th, 2014

Illmatic would win because the album is lifeless and you hear about it on Hip HOp articles all the time.

Also, MBDTF > Life After Death easily

February 25th, 2014

It really depends on which you prefer, lyrics or production. That being said I personally still think the production on MMLP was tight. Not sure why everyone says the production was average…Stan had a sick beat to it

February 25th, 2014

Thisis pretty much Lyrics vs Production

I cant say wich one its 50/50 but if I had to choose 1 it would be mmlp

February 25th, 2014

I prefer MMLP because I think it’s the type of album that has a stronger effect on it’s listeners, rather than just drawing it’s listeners in through a colorful or creative appeal like Kanye does.

February 25th, 2014