For all ya'll you rap on here: How would you describe your flow?

C_Goomba's photo

Give a colorful description on your flow. Do you change how your voice sounds? Are you a fast or slow with the flow? Any animal or animate object you would like to describe your style?

May 17th, 2012

alligator flow with a killer bite you know
I don’t know that just sounded cool

May 17th, 2012
Adonis's photo

I like ti change up my flow from song to song, but even every few . Usually I rhyme with succinct syllables fitting each into every beat. Although sometimes I stretch out my syllables a little. Also I speed up my flow when I need to fit extra words in or if feel it can sound better

May 17th, 2012
Millz's photo

I would describe my flow as formidable & witty in a sense. It’s formidable because I feel like I can change it according to the beat I’m on or whatever & I would say witty because I like to play with it when most wouldn’t, like start bouncing around after a pattern of rhyming, but in the end it still flows

May 17th, 2012
ScopeY's photo

My flow is quite colorful.

May 17th, 2012

I change my Voice in my flow from time to time when pronouncin cetain words but i keep my flow pretty slow but its multi-syllable so it sounds a little faster but i switch it up depending on the subject matter…my flow is like crack

May 17th, 2012
Benihana's photo

I don’t have a specific flow, due to the fact that I’m constantly trying to find new ways to link my rhymes together. I guess you could just say it’s real complex. I’m constantly switching up my style to keep me from finding myself boring, so I’m just all over the place on the beat. However it never comes off as sloppy. I just use small amounts of everything I’m inspired by (which I couldn’t even list, it’s too numerous) and combine them to make my own unique sound.

Tl;dr It’s all over the place, while not being sloppy.

May 17th, 2012

I switch my flow usually with every song, and in the same way adonis says he does, speed it up sometimes if I need to add extra syllables to a line. Usually I don’t worry about if one line is longer than another, because I can do that. Honestly, it’s like how ScHoolboy Q is, where you never hear him use the same flow more than once.

May 17th, 2012

My flow is kinda slow but I’m able to put a lot of rhyming words in each bar so i kinda make up for the pace with the rhymes. Also my voice is kinda deep so I end up sounding. If I were to compare it to something I’d say a… gorilla???

June 4th, 2012

Kinda heavy the first day, but lightens up by the third day.

June 4th, 2012
RimmerGawd's photo

June 4th, 2012

Conversational, Dark Humor semi-Story style. Voice pitchy, but can be sustained with breath control, the right mic & mix, somewhat like how the ruby quartz crystal is used to concentrate the beam from Cyclops' eyes:

SUPREME 48 BARS OVER THE RG USER BATTLE FINAL4

(Disclaimer: If your explanations of this Verse gets deleted…@least you’ll have an idea why)

http://snd.sc/KCWRQb

You are now rocking to the Supreme Knowledge Over
Rap genius, a bunch of Joes, Whats up Cobra.
slap a genius til his ass come sober,
time to wake the fuck up it’s da GaHHd TunesHova,
move over, make room I be the Rap
capital G-a-double H-d, perhaps
this lap I’ve ran around planets
is the lane I created, call it Saturn, GaHHd damn it
ship landed on RG, excuse' moi, pardon me
take me to your leader, an editor leaped up,
then a mod leaped, they both screamed what the f_cks
with this unidentified Supreme Being Over us?
call that shoulder love, ya never know..when S.K.O.rg..showing up
at ya door…with that glock cocked,
trigger pulled, BANG!, shots knocked..the hinges off
& then we spinnin off
to the CHOP Shop, where Locksmith popped the locks,
switched the keys then told Dub to hurry up
keep ya G silent, cause that S.K.O.rg violent
to Einstens everywhere, no man’s an island
nor Psyonik enough, thus I sigh on it,
aaahhhh, & then I ride on em'
all eyes on it, that S.K.O.rg on the Boards
is an undisputed unbeatable point
at 25 bars I got 23 more
at 26 bars Im killing ya Four-
tops
, remove the caps from them shrooms,
then pop one for the team, “Talitha kum"
& so my flow is on that psychedelic Jesus Aramaic,
that speaks to the Crowd louder than your intellect-
-tual quotients, for disturbance in the oceans,
his Peace Be Still, my Piece B Steel,
you still be piecing together what I’m saying
til my jigsaw flow comes together & Manifest
that which is [R]elevant [A]nd has [P]urpose
Im the S.K.O.rg [Elephant in the room] at your circus,
plus your surface is so superFisch-
Haifisch, which is my favorite Ed,
but without no bread his IQ look dead,
& without no life, just enriched rice
& beans, no steak, nah mean?
uh, S.K.O.rg’s gonna getcha…gonna getcha

to the refridge-rator so you can get ya weight up,
where GaHHds eat geniuses with a side of mashed potatoes,
they called it Shepherds Pie when I was in them shelters
& if I’ve survived them streets what the fuck an editor
or mod can do for me but be a grock
& keep policing these threads & be da cops!!!

June 4th, 2012

jesus christ.. ^ ^ ^ ..not this nigga

June 4th, 2012
PTP's photo

I like to put a lot of words in my flow. I use a lot of assonance, alliteration, cacophonous syllable sounds, and internal rhymes to make mostly every rhyme hit harder than if it was just a simple and stereotypical rap metaphor. I also like putting word puns in the rhymes that can’t be found unless one really looks closely at the lyrics.

I use a little grit in my vocal delivery in some songs, it helps with delivery, and also makes everything sound a bit tougher. Which reflects the anger behind most of my lyrics, but it just adds an extra “oomph.”

My flow, well, flows. Sometimes more so on some songs than others,but I think its tight for a white rapper. It flows without being annoying like MGK and Yelawolf, and without being as lazy sounding as Mac Miller, but not as amazing as Eminem.

I’d say its a good mix of Tech N9Ne, Eminem, sometimes MF Doom and my own style.

To put it artistically and cliched: I guess my flow is like a giant wave with 100 barking rottweiler in it. But they like poetry, and keep a moleskin rhyme book in their collar. haha.

An example or two (I did the beats too):
http://soundcloud.com/p-t-p/wolf-1 http://soundcloud.com/p-t-p/willie http://soundcloud.com/p-t-p/madness

My bad if I tracked dropped a bit too much, I just joined the site to talk rap with peeps as well as maybe get my music out there a tad. Let me know what you think you want.

June 4th, 2012