I hate the world "Sellout"!

Is it really “Selling Out” or is it hustling? When people say Jay-Z is a “Sell Out”, Its not true. He’s proven himself as one of the best, so if albums like Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint and others of that sort aren’t enough then I’m confused. He’s making money and that is all that matters. He’s still making good music in the progress. Why do people use this term so much? Its really dumb.

June 16th, 2012
ScopeY's photo

Jay-Z done sold-out crowds. So they call him a sell-out ‘cause they mad.

June 16th, 2012

Thank You, Someone who understands. “sigh”

June 16th, 2012

I don’t think Jay-Z or anyone who just “makes it” is a sellout. When it comes to this term, I would go more for things like this:

June 16th, 2012

^He’s Still Making Bread though.

June 16th, 2012

So is a hitman.

June 16th, 2012

lol

June 16th, 2012

they call him a sell out because he admitted to dumbing down his lyrics when he didnt even need to

June 16th, 2012

Lol at saying Ice Cube is a sell out. Sorry that when he is over 40 years old he’s not going to act like a gangster and talk about selling drugs.

June 16th, 2012
TheLegion's photo

Sell-out is term to describe people who voluntary dumb their lyrics (unintelligent lyrics to target a larger fan base ).Jay-Z is called sell out cuz he’s lazy (see the rhyme)and just produce music for cash and not to be consider the best.
Now you can have your own opinion on him and say that he isn’t.

June 16th, 2012
zexon's photo

People mistake a sell out for rising.

June 16th, 2012
Bill-Finn's photo

Ice Cube’s a family man now, because he didn’t die while rapping he’s a sell out.. word

June 16th, 2012
CeQuenCe's photo

nah now u fucking up i was with you with jay z til u said he’s making bread though. u gon sell your soul so u can make money? Jay-z however isn’t a sellout because he’s still the same from when he started.

btw yea ice cube is a grown man with kids, why is he gonna act like a ganster still?

June 16th, 2012
Garginator's photo

People point out Cube’s movie career, yet ignore his newer stuff. “Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It” is a damn near classic track, and it came out on 08

June 16th, 2012
Skizza306's photo

If anything grown-up family man Ice Cube making family-friendly movies is the polar opposite of “selling out”. We always want rappers to talk what they live, I guarantee you that Ice Cube’s life today is a hell of a lot more like “Are We There Yet” than “Boyz N Tha Hood”

June 16th, 2012